Chapter Nineteen

~~I just wanted to say, thank you all so much for getting this up to 20k reads and 1k+ votes, it means so much to me. I hope you all are enjoying this book, those who have stuck with it. Which is why I'm doing a bonus update for you all.
Also, do note that I can kill one of the chatacters, need I remind those avid readers of Take Me Away and You And I...yep, keep that in mind guys.~~

{Chapter Nineteen}

"Levy,"

I moan and open my eyes, cringing at the pain in my neck. I look around, noticing I'm in my car still, and realize I must have fallen asleep at some point after we got into the car from the ice rink. I glance outside my window to see where we are, and after blinking with a yawn I register that we're still on the highway back to town.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." I say with a small laugh. I stretch as best as I can while in the car to try to wake up but honestly I still feel like if I close my eyes I'll fall asleep again.

"It's okay, love. I don't mind." I just nod, blinking slowly before my eyes shut again. I jolt awake though when my head falls forward and I blink rapidly in surprise.

"Oh crap, I did it again. I'm sorry, Jer." I mumble but he just laughs.

"It's alright, love, you didn't actually fall asleep though. You just closed your eyes a minute ago." He explains and I groan but nod.

"Right, right." I mutter, rubbing at my eyes. I realize though as we come closer to town, that I can't drive home, I'll fall asleep and crash. So either Jer is going to have to drive me home in my car and walk back to his office where his SUV is, or I'll have to leave my car at his office tonight so he can use his to drive me home along with himself.

I don't actually like either of those options. I don't want to leave my car out in the open like that, I mean this isn't a crime ridden place but there is a bad part of town, and hoodlums that think it's fun to ruin other people's stuff. And there is no way I can let Jer walk alone in the dark at, whatever time it is.

I glance at the clock, my eyes widening when I realize it's already past midnight. My eyes flicker from the glowing green numbers to Jer as I begin to worry about how we're both going to get home. I open my mouth to ask him just that but he interrupts me before I can speak.

"Levy, I don't think you should be driving. And I can't take you home, my office is too far away to walk from your house. Are your parents expecting you home tonight?" he asks, looking over his shoulder quickly before changing lanes to pass a slow moving blue Honda.

"Uh, no, it's Friday and I usually stay the night with Lydia on the weekends." I explain. Ever since we were little Lydia and I had stayed with each other on the weekends. Of course her parents weren't okay with it, only allowing it because of how much we begged and even then they made me sleep in the living room. That is until she came out to them and they assumed us staying together may lead to something that could apparently "fix" her.

So now they're always asking if I'm coming over because they still have it in their minds that we're going to do something, which is really disturbing. But nice because now the two of us can hide in her room with the door locked, blast music and do whatever we want.

In fact it was because of this that the two of us manged to get drunk our first time last year. But mostly we just watch TV and talk. Jer nods and I glance at him, waving my thoughts away to focus on his words.