Chapter Five

{Chapter Five}

To say my mom was mad was an understatement, she was furious. She yelled at me for over an hour last night before finally telling me if I ever do something that disrespectful again she will punish me severely. I decided not to find out what she would do to punish me and vowed to never skip a day of this shadowing assignment again.

"Lev?" I snap out of my thoughts and turn to Lydia in question. She rolls her now-black eyes and takes another bite of her burrito.

"Yeah?" I question and she sighs.

"Did you hear a word I said?" She demands and I shrug.

"No," I reply honestly. She rolls her eyes once more before explaining once more.

"I have a date with Victoria tonight since it's Friday. We continued shopping after you left and really hit it off. I think I really like her," Lydia explains honestly and I stop eating in surprise. Oh sure, Lydia has had numerous girlfriends over the years but she never had much interest in them. As horrid as it is, Lydia only dated her exes to get in their pants. She would do anything to have a good time, and anything means anything. So if she says she likes someone, then she really must.

"Really? You don't just want to get down her pants?" I add and Lydia shakes her head in disagreement.

"No, I really like her, Lev. She's so nice, and she gets me. I've never felt like this before, I think she's going to be something serious." She adds, sounding awed by the idea.

"Well that's great, Lydia. I'm so happy for you." I reply with a smile though I can't help the pang of jealousy that runs through me because she gets to date the person she likes; while here I am, if I so much as think of Jer I'm basically committing a crime. I sigh and glance at the time.

"We better get going, we only have a few minutes before we have to leave." I state, secretly happy to have a way to change the subject. She nods in agreement after checking the time and after throwing her trash away she follows me out to my car.

I pull up to Lydia's mom's work not a minute later, allowing Lydia to get out once I park the car. When she gets out I call out to her; "Good luck!" She nods and gives me a thumbs up. I know she'll definitely need it today as she decided to wear black contacts, dye her hair dark red, and wear a short black dress.

When I tried to tell her that she may be pushing it, she merely waved me off so I decided to stay quiet. I remember the last time I tried to give her fashion advice when she wore a nearly transparent white cut off shirt; she told me to shut up then proceeded to slap me for apparently insulting her fashion taste. I didn't try to explain I wasn't insulting her fashion taste, I was merely trying to warn her before a teacher saw the shirt and marked her with a dress code violation. That very thing happened though, and every time she complains about the apparently strict dress code, I can't help but tell her I tried to warn her.

The school really doesn't have a very strict dress code policy. Basically, if a student is fully clothed and is not wearing something overly sexual, the school doesn't care. Honestly, a person has to all but walk around naked, or near naked, to even be written up. So obviously Lydia's shirt was pretty bad.

I shake those thoughts away though when I park in front of the large building under the same tree as I have been doing for nearly two weeks. I walk into the office and just go to Jer's office because that's where I've been frequenting the most the past week. When I walk in Jer glances up in surprise from his desk but seems to smile a bit when he realizes it's me.

"Ah, hello, Levy. Why don't you take a seat, I don't have much to do today so I can just tell you about the processes we go through to get everything in stores." He explains and I nod, taking a seat on the couch. After I do he begins explaining the process while I listen intently, wanting to remember everything so I can start writing the next half of my paper.