Chapter Twenty-Seven

{Chapter Twenty-Seven}

"Ian," I gape, moving to wrap my arms around him before he can collapse when he finishes vomiting, covering my mom's beautiful pink flowers in brown foamy chunks. The sight of the chunks makes me gag as it reminds me way too much of the turkey I just consumed, and the mashed yams. I shudder and pull Ian's shaking body into the house so I don't offend the poor flowers any more than they already have been.

"Ew," he manages to mumble as I close the front door, looking around to make sure my parents didn't come check on me. I let Ian lean against my door as he groans quietly and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, wiping his hand on his dirty gray uniform slacks.

"Ian, what are you doing here? Wait, what's wrong?" I ask, looking him over once more. No wonder Mom said he seems off. There's definitely something wrong with him, it's obvious by the way he's swaying, the vomiting, the bloodshot eyes. If I didn't know better I'd assume he's drunk, but how would he get drunk? His dads don't seem like the type to have alcohol lying around. And if they did, surely they would have it locked away, or keep it somewhere safe. Why would he get drunk though?

"'M fi-ine." He mumbles, his words slurred and my eyes widen.

"Ian," I hiss, looking around the room again in paranoia that my parents will come in. "Are you drunk?" I demand.

His glossy gray eyes meet mine and they begin to water, making my own widen in surprise.

"Sorry, Le-Lev-eee." He slurs softly and I shake my head.

"Don't apologize to me, you're the one who's going to have to explain to my mom why her azaleas have chunks on them." I muse with a laugh to lighten his mood so he won't start crying, I don't want to see him cry because of me.

"Can I stay--" he groans, closing his eyes before continuing with them closed. "Here?"

I don't ask why, I know if he went home in this state his dads would freak out on him. I also know that's the last thing he needs considering he's obviously emotional so I nod, reaching out to take his wrist but he yanks it away quickly, ramming his elbow into the door in the process.

"Sorry," he mutters while I stare at him in surprise.

"It's okay, babe." I murmur quietly and he opens his eyes to look at me with sadness in his pretty gray eyes. He extends his hand, though it's shaky and he obviously is seeing double because it's not really aimed at me, more to the side of me. I take it though and lock our fingers, leading him away from the door.

He stumbles but I keep him up and lead him through the house, thankful that the dinning room isn't open to the hallway or else Mom and Dad would see Ian's drunken state and question me about it. Not to mention that they would question me about Ian in general, of course they'll question me anyway but I'll worry about that after I get Ian safely up the stairs.

"Be careful on the steps." I warn and send him up in front of me, keeping one hand on the railing while the other stays on his back in case he falls back. We make it safely up the stairs though and I lead him to my room where he collapses on my bed.

"Is your stomach feeling okay?" I ask as I bring my small waste basket from beside my dresser to the side of my bed in case he throws up again.

"Mhm," he hums and I nod, pulling my sheet over his body.

"Okay, I'll be back in a minute with a glass of water and a cool rag. I want you to stay here, don't leave my room. The bathroom is right through that door if you need it and it's only connected to my room so no one else will come in. I also have a trash can right here in case you feel sick again so if you have to puke do it in there. I'll be right back." I assure before giving him one more glance as I leave.