Chapter Fourteen

~~So the votes have been tallied, needless to say Jevy is winning, which is a bit concerning... Just bare in mind I had all this planned out from the beginning, your guys' input helped but didn't actually sway how this was going to go down. So er, um, just don't kill me >.>~~

{Chapter Fourteen}

One of my favorite quotes by Gandhi, ''nothing is impossible for pure love'' seems sort of like a total lie. I'm sure he was a smart man but I think he may have been a tad wrong now that I'm older and actually am in love. Things are impossible, even for true love. Even now, as I lay with one of the loves of my life in my arms, I know my plan will be impossible. There's no way I could have what I want, not in a million years.

I know what I'm thinking will never happen, and I know what I have to do. What I don't want to do, but must. I give one last long look at Ian, savoring the feel of his body curled against mine, his even breaths fanning over my shirt, his incredibly soft brown curls. Even his slightly sweet scent that's a mixture of cologne, laundry soap, and something that's just unique to Ian Kelly.

I know I shouldn't but I love him, just as much as I love Jer. I shouldn't love them both, it's not right. But I can't help it. I do love them, both of them. And it kills me that I have to hurt Ian. But I know it has to be done. I kiss him lightly on his soft lips, savoring the familiar feel of his lips against mine.

"I love you, Baby." I whisper quietly after breaking from the chaste kiss, not wanting to wake him just yet. I close my eyes and savor this moment because I know it won't last much longer. I open my eyes to watch Ian while he sleeps peacefully, unaware that this will most likely be his last peaceful sleep for a quite a long time. His dark lashes cascade against his soft skin, his breath fanning against my shirt covered chest, his eyes twitching every now and then, and all I can think is how amazing he is; beautiful.

I lie there with Ian in my arms, and I realize something troubling: there is no way I can hurt him. And I can only hope he understands what I have to tell him. I hope he takes it well because I don't want to hurt him.

"I love you so much," I whisper, my heart beating painfully in my chest as I try to remain composed because I have to stay calm while I do this.

"Ian." I murmur, moving a stray strand of hair out of his face. He groans and opens his tired gray eyes to look at me.

"Hey, how long was I asleep? I didn't mean to to fall asleep but I didn't get much sleep last night." he mumbles apologetically and I smile a bit despite the fact that he shouldn't be apologizing, I should be apologizing to him.