II: Cretino

Dark Times

Chapter Two

Song:(PLEASE PLAY THE SONG TOWARDS THE END OR KEEP IT ON REPEAT)

Crazy In Love Remixed (Fifty Shades Version) by Beyoncé

On top there's a picture of Katerina, but she has long hair in the book.

Katerina L. Wild

EVERY DAY I WAS given a new mission. Every day I had a new chance to rid the world of criminals who only thought of themselves. But with all the things that had to be done when there was one target that was missed, it hurt the projects that were to later come. How? Well, let's just say the moment you try to kill a highly known criminal, and fail, let's just say they don't like to take a blow without providing some sort of... Payback.

And for that last few weeks that has been keeping out from most missions. Word is that the hottie I attempted to eliminate the night of the ball, Styles, has been going completely nut in his search for the woman that had basically drowned his crowned jewels. Since then our computers have been hacked twice, thank god, though, we have amazing protection against all of that and nothing was found.

I was cut from missions too, because if he found me they knew my life would be at risk so all they had me doing was commanding in head quarter. Commanding. Commanding! As if I belonged with the well-mannered, incredibly intelligent, boring people in the Commanding site.

I mean, could've been because I was incredibly good at it, but again, being inside telling agents what to do when I could be out there in the real deal action was an incredible blow. I was dying for some danger.

"You know, if you stare at the screen any longer, it will begin to stare back." Zayn smiled, taking a chair from the next desk over and sitting next to me. I sighed, and dropped my pen on my homework. I still attended the University near mine, English major. I know, I know, surprising but what can I say? I always wanted to write a book about all the things I've done.

I turned to look at Zayn, whose forehead was dripping blood, and ripped cloth covered what most probably is a bullet wound.

That's exactly what I want.

And no, I don't mean wounds and bruises - ah well, that's a part of it - I mean he is. From the moment I met him when I was first recruited, I knew I was a goner. He was training alone in the gym and I happened to walk in when he was mercilessly beating a boxing bag.

Everyday after I was excited to work. Of course, until he revealed - well, happened to mention is wife. After that it was misery, I was even about to ask him on a date when he told me that horrid news.

I tried to tell myself it wasn't going to happen since then but I just couldn't help the attraction I had toward him. "Of course, you'd know." I replied sarcastically, ignoring the blush that began to form on my pale cheeks and grabbing my coffee from the table.

"I'm not crazy, you are, so I'm going to have to deny that." He laughed and I rolled my eyes before looking at his wound.

"Why aren't you at the infirmary?" I asked, eyes wandering to the bruises he held. He shrugged.

"Long line, didn't feel like waiting, and remember you're pretty good at patching up people." My eyes traveled from his bruise to his lips, the light stubble on his jaw....

The things I'd do to those lips...

"Hard mission?" I snapped myself from my thoughts, and for the first time today his lips turned into a serious line and his chocolate brown eyes met mine.