XXVIII: Arrival

Dark Times

Song: Someone To Stay - Vancouver Sleep Clinic 

Chapter 28

    I was unable to move, so when he grabbed me I just let him... I was shocked, and hurt... and.. Angry. I elbowed him off of me and kicked him in the throat, feeling the way his jaw closed on his tongue and he winced in pain.

"How could you! You fucking bastard!" I kicked him again on the stomach, and leaned down to grab a handful of his blonde hair. "You made me think you were dead! You made me think I had caused it you—" Another sob left my lips, and he was quick to take advantage.

His fist was on my cheek before I knew it, and the roles were reversed. I was on the floor now.

"You have no idea Kat! No idea!"

He was on top of me before I could stand, his hands pinning my wrists down. "My loyalty from beginning to end was with Felicity! I joined your dumb job to get close to you, as orders called."

I wasn't even fighting him anymore. I was too shocked to move, tears sprung in my eyes. "So it was an act, the whole time! Everything! I fucking— you fucking bastard!" He has no idea the hell I went through when he died. I thought I had lost everything, I thought It was my fault.

"Get off of her you prick..." Harry weakly said, his head falling limp right after.

"Not all of it Kat.. I—" I punched him before he could speak, and pushed him up against the railings. I grabbed his keys from one of his pockets and smacked him in the face with them.

"I don't want to fucking hear it! You knew where I was, and did nothing to help me!" I punched him again, and grabbed one of the guns I had snatched from the guards before. "You're fucking coming with us."

"Kat..."

"Free him." I pointed towards Harry with my head, and threw him the keys with my other hand.

"Listen—"

     My gun was pressed against the middle of his head before he could say another word, my face inches from his. "I won't hesitate to kill you. You should know that. Maybe I'll have something to feel guilty for this time."

He raised both his hands and kneeled down to reach for the keys, and moved slowly toward Harry. He undid the chains from his hands, and I nearly lost it when I saw Harry crumble to the floor.

"What are you waiting for, help him!" I shouted, and he grabbed one of Harry's arms and threw it over his shoulder before helping him up.

"You're angry at me because I didn't help, but here you are nearly crying at the sight of the nearly broken man who kept you." He breathlessly argued, as he carried most of Harry's weight.

"Shut the fuck up, and walk." I commanded, and pressed the gun to the back of his head as he moved forward and onto the stairs.

It took a lot of effort to get Harry above those, but when we did, we were greeted by the sight of some of Damien's men waiting for him outside.

"Anyone make one move and his brains will be all over your faces." I shouted.

I looked around at the men who looked at Damien for direction. He stayed put, his breathing ragged and tired.

"You!" I pointed at two of the men. "Help Harry up."

They didn't move.

"Do what she says!" Damien shouted, and they hesitantly came forward and took Harry from Damien's grasp. My arm was around Damien's neck before they could try anything, my gun pressed against his temple this time.