X: Fuckarella

Dark Times

Song: Your choice.

Chapter 10

Katerina L. Wild

ALL THE FRIENDS I HAD in school were different from the other girls. They had no care in the world. Total outcasts who embraced their differences. Like me. We didn't really hang out with the others because of how annoying they got. Mostly the girls, of course. There was nothing in the world they liked to speak more of than boys - oh, and clothes. Don't get me wrong, I love clothes, and boys, but when that is the nonstop topic of conversation on literally every conversation I had to say it was enough.

So when I found out Harry's so called fiancée was that type of girl, let's just say I wanted nothing more than to be away from her. From the minute we started talking she babbled on about Harry and her favorite brands and things I honestly had no care for at the moment. I had more important things to worry about. When her parents had announced they all had to leave to France for a month or two I almost screamed with joy, and showed actual honest happiness only when we were saying goodbye.

Harry was not surprised of course, of my disliking of his girlfriend, he knew I was not the type, and so when they left, and he realized I was not in the mood, we went our separate ways. This went on for weeks, actually, for me. I refused to leave my room as long as Harry was in the house for all that time. And when he would leave, I would sneak out of my room and wonder this gigantic house.

In one of those nights I found a room, all the way at the end of one of the long hallways that graced this mansion, but to my dismay it was the only room that was locked. I made myself belief he probably kept many illegal things in there to stop myself from trying to dig more.

I also found out that one of the maids is sleeping with the guards, and that's a story I really don't want to explain but it's enough to know that I am scarred forever.

There was a small knock on my door, and I put the book I was currently reading - The Perks of Being a Wallflower down. "Miss Wild, I was asked by Mr. Styles to drop this off, would you mind if I came in." A light voice spoke.

"You can come in." I replied, and watched as the door opened. Said maid walked in, and her eyes avoided mine. She knew what I had seen. In her hands there was a big white box, with a red ribbon covering atop it.

She placed it on the desk and stood by the door. "Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked, embarrassment clear in her voice.

"No, I'm okay." I replied, swinging my legs out of the bed. She began to awkwardly turn and head towards the door when I called,

"Luce," she stopped. "You don't have to act so nervous around me. I won't tell."

She smiled at my response. Luce was around my age, I think, and it wouldn't hurt to finally make a friend to which I could pour the infinite anger inside me to. "Thank you miss Wild." She lowered her head.

"Call me Katerina." I smiled, "or Kat if you prefer."

"Katerina. Okay. That's a beautiful name Miss Wi- Uh, Kat."

"Thank you Luce." I smiled, and so did she as she left and closed the door.

I stood up from the bed, putting the book down in a position I knew I would not lose the page I was in and walked towards the giant box.

On the bow there was a small envelope.

I opened it.

Dearest Katerina,