XXXVII: Control

Song: Control - Halsey

When I woke up I could still feel the pain of the hit in my head. I don't know if it was just my imagination or if I had really seen Harry. It was all messing with my head.

I woke up in a dark, quiet room and I sat up, looking around until my eyes fell on someone sitting nearby.

Damien

I was on my feet immediately, "You son of a bitch I'm going to kill you!" I ran toward him, my fist collided with his face before he could grab my hands, but then he did and he pushed my against the wall.

"Listen to me, Katerina!" He yelled, and I kneed him in the stomach, pushing him away.

"You killed him!" I sobbed, "you killed him!" I ran after him again but he backed away quickly, hands in the air.

"He's not dead! He's not!" He shouted back, "It was part of the plan!" He whispered and I stopped.

"What?"

"Shh keep your voice down!" He warned.

"What fucking plan?" I whispered, feeling relief rise within me even though I wouldn't be sure he was alive until I saw him again, well this time.

"The plan was to have Harry pretend he was dead, and come after Felicity himself. He got caught though! And she kept him here instead of killing him! I lied and told her he must've found help but you guys are in deep shit now."

I almost fell, this was absolutely unreal. "Why wasn't I told any of this? Where's my dad?"

His blue eyes met mine and he drew in a long breath. "Because you wouldn't have stayed away! And look how that turned out. Felicity is smarter than you think! Smarter than all of us. She hijacked your dad's jet into bringing him here and they must've found out and tried to stop him so they crashed!"

"Is he okay? Is Harry okay?"

"They're fine. She's keeping them but she wants me to bring you there." He murmured, and I felt my knees go weak. This was it. She had all she wanted now.

"What.. what are we going to do?" I breathlessly asked, and he shook his head.

"I don't know. I'll see if I can come up with something but we need to go before she suspects something. Come on," he said, opening the door.

And I followed after him.
We walked through the unfamiliar hall until we reached a door. And then he opened it, and pressed his gun against me but mouthed an, "I'll help you,"

I walked into the room, still pressing my hand to my head to control the pain but it was still there, along with the feeling of Damien's gun pressing on my back. And when I walked in I was shocked at the sight in front of me.

The plane crash had created a huge fire that could be seen from the giant shattered windows, and Felicity stood in front of them, her back to me. It was my first time seeing her face to face.

Next I noticed the two bodies laying on the floor, apart from each other. One was my dad, who still had bruises from the crash he just survived, but he was passed out, I took in a sharp breath, that bitch. The other was Harry, and I felt both relief and fear within me. It was like breathing again, I wanted to run to him and kiss him.