XIV: Red Light

XIV: Red Light

Dark Times

Chapter 14: Red Light

     There are only a few times in life where you begin to wonder who you are. And why exactly you were put here. Like I had mentioned before and how I will mention again, I always knew who I was. I was Katerina Wild, I was sent here to destroy those who posed a threat to the innocent people.. who like me got many things torn from them. I knew who I was, and my purpose, yet now, as I stood in front of the mirror of my room - if I can even call it that - it seems like all I knew about my self had completely erased from the moment Harry Styles - the biggest threat I knew had asked me to spend time with him, and get to know the real him.

  I had agree.

Who was I? How had I changed so much in a couple of days. The old me would have broken his nose just for the suggestion.

Yet I find myself actually wanting to go with him. Find out more about who he really is inside and why he commits all the crimes I am obligated to persecute...

And maybe more.

Maybe he didn't know who he was... and I was to help him find out...

  Maybe

But I couldn't back out now. The day was here, and I stood in front of myself studying my reflection. I wore a light pastel blue cocktail dress, the first I ever had, and which also had been delivered to my door very early in the morning, along with black plain flats and a beach hat.. which confused me. If we were going to the beach he would've sent a swimsuit.. right?

Or maybe we were going somewhere sunny, I don't know, but either way, all my purposes had seemed to vanish the moment I looked at my reflection.

I was so accustomed to black.

  I loved black. It's all I wore. But standing here in a blue dress I began to discover part of me I never knew. Parts of me
That certainly resembled that pastel blue...

And that very deep red that covered the ribbon going around my hat.

   All those colors.

  Had I really only seen black and white all this time? From the moment I met Harry, I knew I couldn't see either. He was both, he was white and black and grey and he had confused me more than anyone ever had. He knows exactly who he is, without him having to say it, or think it at all.

  I saw it in his eyes.

  And I wanted to see him prove me right.

  That's probably why I agreed. The curiosity.

   "Ms. Wild, Mr. Styles is waiting for you outside." Paul came in, after a small knock. I looked at him and nodded.

   I want to know Harry. I do. But the fact that I am still a prisoner and Harry is still the enemy never completely leaves my mind.

    He is the enemy.

  Getting to know him would still be a benefit to my crew and I... I'd get to know his weaknesses. . . he was obviously a strong opponent.

But everyone has a weakness.

Even I do... and although I still haven't figured out what it is (a clear failure to my job and myself) Harry knows exactly what it is.

  If he didn't, I wouldn't still be here. 

  I'm weak. He knows, and beyond my curiosity for this man is again the satisfaction of knowing something that could possibly help him.