XXXIV: Sì, Yes

"So what were you and my father talking about?" I asked Harry the next day. He seemed pretty upset when he came back up, so I didn't want to ask him just yet but it was eating me inside.

     I put the gun down along with my headphones and goggles, so I could fully take in his reaction. He pursed his lips, like he didn't want to tell me. "Nothing, just wanted him to know how the men in England are doing. We're going to have to travel there soon."

    I looked at him for a second, he sounded off, but I didn't want to push me he'd tell me eventually. So I just walked over to him and wrapped my hands around his torso, letting my face sink in his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, and bent his head to kiss my hair.

  "You sure there's nothing else?" I couldn't help but ask.

  "No baby. You know I would've told you." He quietly said and I nodded.

  "I'm going to go shower, and take a walk with El and Kai." I told him, looking up at him. "You're welcome to join me."

  He chuckled, looking down at me before closing his eyes and pressing his lips to mine shortly. "I think I'll stay out here a little longer. I want to take you out tonight though, if you want."

  "I'd love that," I smiled, breaking my arms from his and putting my gun back in my belt. "See you later," I winked, turning around but coming to complete stop when I saw-

  "Damien?" I nearly gasped, and turned to look at Harry and then back at Damien who was dressed in one of uniforms.

  He gave me a smirk, "Leaving so soon?"

  I felt Harry come behind me, one of his arms went around my waist and he pulled me to him.

  "Your dad gave him his freedom in exchange of his help." He informed me with a sigh.

  "Yep, I'm quite helpful in any, and I mean any area." He smiled, sending me dark wink which made Harry's hold on me tighter.

  "Back off." He barked at him, and Damien raised his hands up in defense.

  "No worries dude, it's not like she was ever in love with me... oh wait."

  I rolled my eyes. "Please stop. I was never in love with you. I realize that now that I've found actual, real love."

   This time he didn't have a comeback, he actually looked winced for a second.

  "Look, I'm not here to start anything. I'm as done with Felicity as you are. I just want this to end and I want my freedom so..."

  I took Harry's hand from my waist, "I'm going to ask my Dad what's going on because apparently you aren't telling me everything." I said, looking back at Harry before walking away, shoving my shoulder hard into Damien.

   I walked inside the house and toward the study, where I was sure my father was since he had been stuck in there the whole day planning out strategies. I didn't bother knocking before walking in.

  "I thought letting Damien out was never a part of the plan." I immediately spoke, and my father—Arthur looked up at me, but then continued writing.

  "He wasn't. But now he is. He's a good soldier and knows a lot of info. You know that." He shortly explained.

  "Yeah but aren't you scared he's going to betray us?"

  "If he does, we'll kill him."

I scoffed. "So you're willing to take the chance? What if he hurts one of us, Harry or you or me?"