III: Trapped

Dark Times

Chapter Three

Song: Prélude No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 28 - Frédéric Chopin

Katerina L. Wild

THERE WERE TIMES IN WHICH I wished I hadn't drank so much. Actually, there were a lot of those, almost every weekend, after ending someone's life I usually dealt with the guilt by chugging down every ounce of alcohol in my way - knowing well that the next day I'd be close to dying in bed, and being totally okay with it, but today, it was something out of this world.

I usually never remembered what I did the night before or how it ended up, but I could somehow recall every detail of last night.

The drinking, the drug, his hands... On me..

That son of a fück

My eyes opened slowly, cringing at the light but adjusting quickly. I stayed in place. I couldn't move, well, I physically could, but my head hurt so much I was afraid if I attempted to move I would pass out.

Without moving my eyes looked around, the white ceiling and the table right next to the bed I lay. That was all I could see. I hesitantly began to move, so that I could see the room better, and on the table there was a tall glass of water.

I sighed in relief. I had to stand up eventually, right?

I slowly lifted myself up, wincing every time my head would ache, until I was in a slightly sitting position, and I could freely look around the gigantic room I was in. The walls were decorated in a rich royal blue, the contrasting white curtains covering the a gigantic window. In front of it was a desk, sheet of paper already in place and waiting for someone to use it.

I sighed and looked back at the table, and noticed that next to the glass of water there was a bottle of pills. I waisted not time to grab the pills and take out four, my hands found the water in a matter of seconds and I drowned in all of it before looking around again. Checking if anyone was here at all.

Every inch of my body ached for me to lay back on the comfortable pillows and fall asleep again, but although my captor had shown me some kindness by giving me the painkillers, I was still kidnapped.

And I had to find a way out.

I lifted the sheets of my body and my feet touched the floor. That's when I noticed I was in a cream colored sleeping dress and groaned.

If that bastard undressed me I swear to God.

The first thing I did was look out the window, to try and see how high the fall would be, but my eyes travelled to the endless amount of nails covering it. I'd need some tools to get it open.

I looked around the room again; there was no other way out... Except... Of course, the door.

But I didn't know what was out there, what if I get shot on spot or even worse he was there. Ugh.

I had no choice now. I walked towards the door, first checking to see if it was locked, which it wasn't, and then opening It just a crack to look out.

There were no scary men, just a hall. A long hall.

I stepped out, ready for battle in case he tried something funny and walked forward in the hallway, which was covered in various paintings. The walls were all still Royal blue. And then I came to the stairs.