IX: Eloise

Dark Times

Chapter 9

Song:  Diamonds - Rihanna

     Katerina L. Wild

        HEADACHES COULD POSSIBLY qualify as human's worst enemy. It had the ability to make you hallucinate, vomit, cry, and pass out. I wasn't a big fan of them, and that's one of the reasons why I stopped drinking so much, I hated having hangovers. But right now, all I wanted was a drink.

   Any kind, as long as it was strong. 

  I was peering over the balcony on the stairs, my eyes strained on the people sitting downstairs. I had woken up about 20 minutes before, in a very pretty, rose night gown, and well cleaned up. My thigh was bandaged very tight and I had little small bandages on my face and other places where I had been hurt. It was a struggle to get out of bed, my thigh was aching, but the pills that were left next to my bed immediately relieved the feeling.

   And I came out to look for Harry... I don't know why... But I wanted to know what happened, since the last part of a journey was completely blurry to me.

  All I could remember was bleeding out in a helicopter, and very beautiful blonde locks.

  I discovered soon who those belonged to, when I left the room and wandered the upstairs I found myself in this spot, peering over at the people downstairs who were enjoying some tea.

  There was a couple there, somewhat elderly, sitting next to each other. The lady had a necklace that glimmered from miles away, and the man next to her had a bright, white, fake smile.

     There was another guy, he sat alone, he looked about Harry's age, maybe older, and from here I could tell he was attractive. I wasn't really into men with beards, but he rocked his, with a high resemblance to David Beckham.

   And lastly, there was another couple, Harry of course, and the golden locks from the day before were finally clear in my brain. I found who they belonged to.

  She sat next to Harry, almost gracefully with her pearl white summer dress, and charming smile. I couldn't see her eyes but she smiled a lot.

Mostly when she looked down at her hands, which were intertwined with Harry's and sat on his lap.

   "The business is doing well, better than never actually, of course there are still pests around, but we got it under control." Harry smiled at the man, and the younger one sitting alone chuckled.

   "Anything you wanna add, Liam?" Asked the older man.

  Liam.. Chuckled again and shook his head. "Just remembered something." 

   "Well share it with us," the man pushed, and I could tell Liam didn't want to be there.

   "You're awfully quiet, dear," Harry said, and I was confused as to who he was referring to but my eyes adverted to the beautiful girl next to him. 

   She let out a beautiful laugh, "I'm fine, Harry. Just missed you a lot."

  Harry smiled at her and my hand involuntarily clenched.

    I could almost hear the words leave his lips all over again.

  "Eloise."