XXVII: Gasoline

Dark Times

Chapter 27

Song: Gasoline — Halsey

I watched from my window as the Jet where Liam was arriving began to descend, my eyes scanning for any signs of boundaries I might have to cross; but I knew the men would all meet outside five minutes after Liam was brought in, and when I saw him come out of the Jet, supported by a couple of other men in each arm, I knew I had to run.

   I saw the magnitude of men start to leave in a long line, and I began to wonder where they had all come from since they had not been with us on the ride here, or if they had been here, prepared for an emergency like this before.

    Once on the first floor, I hid behind a wall facing the door. I couldn't been seen by Paul, and when the line of men reached the end I simply joined in, keeping my head down.

I only looked up when I heard the engine of yet another plane. This one was huge, I figured they would need bigger transportation for the amount of men they were trying to fly out. But as the rest of the men did, I pretended to ignore the sound and kept looking straight ahead.

We marched straight out, following Paul's voice closely. "As you all know, the attack on us was completely unexpected, and we've been informed that the enemy has a large amount of men. First order of business is getting Mr. Styles to a safe place. We have not heard from him since he twentieth hour and we fear he might be in danger."

   I heard the beating of my heart ring through my body, the whisper of the thought of losing him taking my breath away.

   "When we arrive, I want the soldiers from A1-A3 to around up to the back of the mansion, and try to find an entryway through there, while the soldiers from A4-A6 will take the front. From what I know, the first flood of attacks is over, but the second will be arriving soon, and we need to be there before they are. Understood?" His voice boomed with authority, and anger. He was worried about Harry too. I could tell.

  And when I get there, I will kill everyone in my way to make sure he's okay.

   "Yes sir!" All the soldiers, excluding myself, yelled back.

  "Clear out!"

And we began to march again, in a very organized manner towards the planes. When we reached the entrance, I looked around for where I figured the cargo would be entering, and ran in that direction before I was seen.

  Once inside, I hid behind a huge box of weapons, and kept my breathing low, a few workers kept bringing in more boxes, and I kept having to duck lower and lower. I soon realized Harry must have kept the weapons in this island, because the amount of heavy boxes they were bringing in was surely stocked away for an emergency like this one.

  Once I heard the doors bang shut, I knew I was safe, and sat in between two boxes. I had no plan, no idea where exactly I was headed, but I knew I was ready.

   I kept dozing off as the hours passed, and would suddenly wake when I felt my head began to lower itself. At some point, I must have fallen asleep; when I felt the wheels of the Jet hit the floor I jolted again, this time getting up in alarm.

    After grabbing as many weapons as I could, I stood by the door, waiting for it to open. I knew that when I did, I didn't exactly have much time before they would come unload the packages. Unfortunately for me, when the door opened I knew I was caught the minute I saw Paul standing in front of the door, waiting. 

   "Ms. Wild." He began, a disapproving look in his aging features.

    "Paul." I replied, trying to imitate his tone.