Chapter 21

Pattie was still really mad with Justin about the Selena thing. I was too. But almost every night I could hear them arguing before bed. And I couldn't take it anymore. But this afternoon it was going to change. I walked into Justin's room.

 Me: Justin?

Justin: Yeah Mer?

Me: Look, I-I can't stay with you and your mom. I can't stand to hear you two fight. I need to go back to Atlanta.

Justin: Bella, I-I'm sorry, please don't leave, I- I can stop fighting with my mom. Please.

He trys to pull me in and kiss me.

Me: Justin, no. I need to. Please understand.

He lets go of me.

Justin: Alright.

He drops his head and I place my hand on his arm to show I still care. I loved me, of course I cared. He looks at me and I knew he was hurt. But this is for the best. He just walks back to his room and closes his door. I could hear him and Pattie talking. Then the door opened. At first I thought it was Justin. But it was Pattie.

Pattie: So you wanna leave, huh?

Me: Yes. I need to.

Pattie: You need to?

Me: I can't stand to see you two fight. I-I just need some time. I need to go back to Atlanta.

Pattie: When do you want to go back?

Me: As soon as possible...

Pattie: Will tomorrow do?

Me: Yeah.

Pattie: Ok. I'll get you a ticket for tomorrow.

She pats my back and then walks out of of my room, closing my door behind her. This was it. I was going back to Atlanta, without Justin. I could hear music playing from Justin's room. Music. That sounded like a good idea. I put nothing like us on repeat, on as loud as my phone would go and cry as I sang the song. I didn't know if we were going tostay together or not. All I did that night was cry.