Chapter 43

*JUSTIN'S POV*

I waited in the room for a long time, walking back and forth waiting for some news. There was a knock on the door. 

Scooter: Hey bud, how you doing? 

I shrug my shoulders and get choked up a bit. He puts his arm around me. 

Scooter: We haven't heard anything, and everyone was saying it wasn't a good idea to talk you to the hospital in case you picked up something, but do you want to go see her?

I nod my. We head down to Scooter's car, we didn't talk the whole ride there. We walked through the front doors like it was nothing. There were a few pap's but I guess they heard the news and didn't bug me. They took a few shoots and went back to normal talking to each other. We walked in  and went to the nurses desk. 

Nurse: Can I help you?

Scooter: Yeah, we here to see Bella Smith. 

Nurse: Sure, her room is 4012. 

Me: Uh..

Nurse: Forth floor, in the ICU, it's to the left after you get off the elevator. It's down that hall, you shouldn't miss it. If you have trouble there's a lady at the desk up there you can ask.

She smiled. Her teeth were really white, or maybe it was just because her skin was dark. We walked over to the elevator, which I wasn't to fond of. I closed my eyes as we rode up. 

Scooter: You're alright Justin. 

Me: I know.

When we stop I practically run out of the elevator. We turn to our left and walk down the hall, the lady at the desk who looked like she was in her 50's smiled at us, she probably knew why we were there. We find her room, 4012. A nurse was just walking out. 

Me: Can we see her?

Nurse: She's sleeping right now, I just changed her IV. If you want I can send the doctor in when her blood work comes back?

Scooter: That would be great. 

The nurse walks away and I place my hand on the knob, unable to turn it because I didn't know what to expect on the other side. Scooter places his hand on my back. 

Scooter: She's going to be fine. 

I open the door. The room is lightly lite, the curtains are closed and the TV off, it was quiet. Scooter closes the door as I walk over to the bed. She had tubes in her nose giving her oxygen, an IV in her arm and she was hooked up to a heart monitor. 

Me: Oh Bella, I'm so sorry. 

I reach down and touch her hand, she was cold. She didn't even flinched when I touched her, I missed the way she hugged me and I prayed she'd wake up and give me one. 

Scooter: It's dark in here. 

He walks over to the curtains and opens them slightly to lighten up the room. He walks over to Bella and looks down at her, she was pale and motionless. I was terrified. 

Scooter: If we pray really hard, she'll get better. 

Me: You don't know that for sure. 

Scooter: Don't doubt the power of God, miracles happen everyday. 

He walks away after patting my back, he sits down at a table close to the door and I sit down on the chair next to her, not letting go of her hand. Scooter turns the TV on for back ground noise but doesn't watch it. I just stare at the screening not paying attention, imagining what my life would be like without her, and I couldn't. She was my everything, how could I live without her.