VII

I don't know what came over me.

It was like all of my thoughts couldn't catch up and my mouth just had a mind of its own when I agreed to join the First Order.

But as the storm trooper walked me to my new quarters, I knew I had made the right decision. If I were to choose not to join them, I would be destroyed for sure.

"Your room, Elson. You have orders to stay in here until you are retrieved in the morning." I look at the storm trooper, curious as to what lies behind his mask. I nod at him before walking into my room.

It's plain.

That's definitely the only word I would use to describe it. Gray wall, gray floors, a plain bed in the middle of the room, a set of drawers and a chest. There is a door next to a large mirror and I open it to find a small bathroom.

After I take a quick shower, I find some basic black clothing in one of the drawers and I put them on. They are obviously men's clothes and they are ill fitting, but for sleeping, they'll do just fine.

I slide under the covers and try to fall asleep, but the weight of my decision weighs heavily on me.

After tossing and turning for a while, I get up and walk around my room, trying to think of something that would entertain me.

I walk to the window, looking out the tiny space and trying to clear my mind. Unfortunately, all I can think about is my allegiance to the First Order.

I hardly know anything of the Galaxy, let alone the First Order. Growing up the way I did, the most I ever learned about life outside of Uquine was what other servants said as gossip or what I would overhear from higher officials in the system.

From my days on Uquine, I learned that the First Order is supposed to be one of the strongest ruling hands in the galaxy. Out of that, I've heard both positive and negative things.

The First Order only serves themselves.

The First Order is what keeps peace between systems.

The First Order is out to destroy the Galaxy.

Without the First Order, we would cease to exist.

With all these words, it's hard for me to really know what the First Order is.

I lay back down, trying to remember anything I'd ever heard of The First Order or Kylo Ren. Anytime I would hear about it, I would usually just tune out because the Ruler of my previous kingdom was quite the gossip. I didn't care much to hear of all that nonsense but finally I wish I did.

Deciding to ask Kylo tomorrow to tell me everything about the First Order, I settled a little easier and fall to sleep.

"Lyra, wake up!" I hear in my ear, a low staticky voice as my body is being shaken. "Lyra!"

I jolt awake, finally realizing what was going on.

I look around and see my unfamiliar surroundings and to my left is a dark, hooded figure. Right as I'm about to scream, I remember where I am.

Regardless of my realization, my breathing is heavy as I look at Kylo Ren.

"What are you doing in here?" I demand, pulling my covers up around me even more. I scoot away from where he kneels.

"You were not answering my calls from the door. It is time for us to continue your training seeing as you've made your decision. You haven't changed your mind have you?" The more he talks, the more I just want to listen to its metallic sound and pick apart every single bit of it. For some reason, whatever that is in his mask is alluring to me.

"No, I haven't changed my decision. But I have something else I need to tell you," I say, thinking about how I should be scared of him, but since training yesterday I've seen a more human side of him and I'm not as afraid.

"Go on," he instructs.

"I know nothing of the First Order," I admit, bringing my knees to my chest under the blankets and wrapping my arms around them.

He stays silent for a few seconds. "That will be addressed later. We train now."

He stands up and walks towards my door, opening it.

"Put the clothes at the end of your bed on. We're going to be working harder today."

After he leaves, I throw the covers off of me and quickly put the clothes on, already worrying about why he won't tell me about the First Order and what we'll be doing today.

I don't regret my decision, but I hate this feeling of not knowing what's next and not knowing what I'm getting into. It's unnerving and the longer I go without answers the more ill minded I'll be about it.

Yes, this is short but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging!

Please vote and comment and I'll update soon!

xx