XXXVI

We walk to the city, my body feeling much stronger.

While we waited for my strength to recuperate, the woman worked on healing my self inflicted wounds. There are currently bandages wrapped to help the process. I was kind of disappointed that the cuts wouldn't be there when I arrived to the city, but then I realized the bandages could show that the woman has some degree of trust for me.

"If nothing else, gain their trust. They don't have to like you, but they need to trust you in order for our plan to work."

I hear Kylo's instructive words a lot. Sometimes they come back in full memories, sometimes just in dialogue. They keep me grounded to this mission, but they make me feel something else.

Would he be proud of how this mission is going so far? Would he be proud of how I haven't died yet? Would he be proud of me at all?

That string of questions leads to an entirely other set of questions that I try to push away but fail at.

Does Kylo miss me? Does he miss our training sessions? Does he miss our other sessions? Does he even think about me?

This plan could have all been a set up for me to get on another planet and forget about me completely. A plan to get me out of their hair.

No, that can't be it. There were too many resources put into my training. There was way too much effort and care put into me to get me to this point.

I drop the thought before fully turning my focus on what is currently going on.

We cross over a small river as we approach the hill that I had so desperately wanted to reach the other day.

"I'm taking you to the center of the town so you may meet the officials. They will decide what to do with you there," the woman tells me. I just smile and nod at her.

The rest of the walk is quite short and relatively easy. Before I know it, were walking through town to get to the center.

There are people everywhere. They all look at me, some with curiosity, some with indifference, and some with hatred.

I keep my eyes forward but duck my head to pull of an innocent-scared look. I think I achieve it pretty well.

People continue to stare at me and the woman, but she seems unaffected.

Some people walk up to her and speak to her in a different language. I have no idea what they're saying, but with some their tone is bitter or laced with venom and I can tell what they're saying isn't very nice.

The woman just shrugs it off and continues to our destination.

As we reach the center, more and more people are crowded and more and more people are looking at us. We have to push through some people to get past them at times.

It makes me very nervous but I'm also strangely calm. Kylo trained me well enough that any of these regular townspeople wouldn't have a chance against me. I'm confident that I could take down three at a time easily without weapons, more with weapons.

Once we pass through a set of doors to the center, we step into a courtyard area with lush green grass and vibrant flowers and the sun even seems to shine brighter here.

There are less people scattered about but my nerves are finally on edge.

I look to the center to see three older men all talking to one another. They look sophisticated and elegant, and it scares me.

"When you meet the leaders, which you most probably will have to if you ever want to get inside of the system, you will have to prove to them that you are worthy of trust," Kylo tells me, his back turned to me as he searches for a book on the shelf.

His hair is unusually curly looking today and it takes all I have to pay attention to what he is telling me rather than thinking about running my hands through his hair.

"What if they don't trust me?" I ask him, my voice calm. I don't expect that they wouldn't trust me. What reason would they have?

"Then your mission will be much harder to follow through with. You need their trust to let you in to the inner system. With that trust you can eventually get exactly what I want from their intelligence." Kylo turns to me with a book in his hand. I try to read the cover but it's in a different language.

"Kylo that's not what my question meant. What if I fail? What if I seriously can't do anything to get them to trust me? What will happen to me?" I ask, nervous about this whole idea.

Kylo stays silent for a while. He turns away from me and puts the book on the edge of the shelf it came from before moving down the shelf to find a different book.

Just as I start to wonder if he is going to reply to my question, he turns back to me and slams a book down on the desk, his hands resting on top of it as he leans towards me.

"Most likely, Lyra, you will die. Whether they kill you because they think you're a threat, or Snokes orders your death for failing to do your job." He looks pained to tell me this, but it can't compare to the fear I feel.

Remembering that conversations, I look to the leaders with determination to gain their trust.

Sorry for such a wait! Got real messed up with school and work!

Please remember to vote and comment on this chapter! That's my motivation to update quick :)

Also, if you haven't checked out History, go hit up my page and check out the first two parts! I'll be picking that one up when I finish this one!

I should be coming out with another Kylo book soon after called Travel and it's kind of a comedy so I don't know if I will write that at the same time or just after History but we'll see :)

xx