XXXIX

Finally sleep finds me. It takes me under into a blissful black that sweeps me away from my reality.

Unfortunately for me, the darkness is stolen away from me all too soon when the door to my holding room is swung open with more force than necessary. The heavy door swings and hits the wall, making me jolt to an upright position on the bed. My eyes shoot open, taking in my surroundings.

I see a person standing in the door way with a shocked expression on his face. When I hold eye contact, his surprise is washed away by a professional, stone face.

A pretty attractive face if I do say so myself.

The person in the doorway is a male probably only a few years older than myself. He has short black hair and dark skin but his eyes are an electric blue color that makes me believe he can see straight to my soul. I shudder at his appearance.

"Lyra Elson, come with me," he says very formally. I blink at him as he watches me.

Suddenly, I remember exact words Kylo once said to me.

"Your beauty is exceptional, so it won't be hard for them to find attraction to you. You will become our seductress."

I sit up straighter as I replay these words in my head. Then, I play a smirk on my lips.

"Of course," I say lowly, never breaking eye contact as I slide off of the bed and smooth off the clothing I'm wearing. I step towards him and stop only inches from him.

He's quite tall, as I have to turn my chin up almost painfully to keep my eyes on his.

He watches me with what seems like distaste but I don't break my act. I grin at him.

"Whenever you're ready," I state with a big smile, hoping he'll break just a little bit.

I watch as he cocks his head slightly before turning on a heel and walking out of the room. He doesn't so much as turn his head to check if I follow, but I do anyway.

He takes me down the hallway and around a corner before I say anything to him.

Stepping up to walk directly beside him, I brush his arm a bit before talking. "So what is your name?"

He looks at me through the corners of his eyes before returning them to the path before us. Not so much as a single muscle on his face moved. This may be harder than I thought.

He keeps walking and turns another corner.

"Argon." I look at him as the word falls from his mouth but he looks as though nothing was ever said.

"What?" I ask, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"Argon. You asked my name, yes?"

"Yes, I did. Nice to meet you Argon," I tell him softly, casually bumping into his arm again.

The walk returns to being silent and I leave it as is so that I don't come off as too pushy. This kind of stuff takes time, not force. Although The Force would probably be helpful at some point.

After probably fifteen minutes of winding through halls, ascending and descending stairs, we reach two massive doors that Argon leads me through.

The doors open to a large room filled with more books and seats and a very large desk in the middle with a massive chair behind one side and a plain chair on the other side.

No one is in the room besides the two of us so I use the opportunity to look around and examine things more closely.

"Books?" Argon says, noticing my investigation. 

I take my time to acknowledge his comment. I look around some more before slowly turning to face him.

"I quite enjoy reading," I tell him, keeping my voice plain.

He doesn't respond, but rather stares at me for a few seconds before extending his arm to the plain chair next to the desk.

"Have a seat. Someone should be here soon to talk to you," he instructs, walking to the chair and pulling it away from the desk.

I slowly make my way there, keeping my innocent looking eyes on his as I round the chair and sit very slowly.

He heads to leave the room but I catch his attention once more by speaking up.

"I'm scared, Argon." My voice is quiet and when he turns to look at me, I have a worried expression on my face.

"Scared of what?" He prompts.

I stay quiet, looking down at the wooden floor as I let tears build in my eyes.

"What if he finds me?" My voice shakes as I ask this in almost a whisper.

Nothing is said for a few moments that feel like hours as I hope he buys the act.

Soon, I see his feet step into my view. I slowly raise my eyes to meet his shockingly blue ones.

He stares at me for a while and tears spill over the brim of my eyes as I show fear.

"We can protect you, should we deem you trustworthy," he says softly as he examines me.

"You can't let him get me," I whisper, looking down. "He'll hurt me again," I say as a tear falls from my eye and lands on the chair.

He stays quiet for a while before turning on his heel and leaving the room. The doors echo as they close, leaving me by myself.

I stay seated in the chair, thing that if I get up and look around at the books it could seem suspicious.

After what feels like forever, the doors creak open.

"You must be innocent, but not too innocent. Make them believe you are intelligent but you are terrified of the First Order...of me."

I suck at updating but hopefully I'll pick back up :)

xx