IX

Sleeping here is definitely an adjustment for me. I'm not used to the hours here and I'm always so tired yet I can never fall asleep. My time here has made me nearly an insomniac.

Tonight was the first night I was actually able fall asleep easily. I guess it had something to do with the endless training to be a good fighter. All the training is doing is exhausting me. I've only had one compliment from Kylo on my skills, and it was when I took him to the ground.

In the midst of my first full, deep sleep here, I dream about myself having an amazing life on a distant planet where I was free to choose who I was and had no one to boss me around or tell me what to do.

The blissful dream, however, is rudely interrupted.

"Wake up." It's the electronic voice of Kylo Ren.

I ignore him, hoping he doesn't realize I'm awake. By the sound of his voice, he's at the door of my chambers.

"I know you're awake. Get up and get dressed and meet me outside when you have done so." His voice is so commanding and strong. I wish I had that kind of power behind my voice.

I groan, throwing the warm cover off of me before putting on appropriate clothing which consists of tight black pants they issued me and a black sleeveless top.

I pull on boots before walking out of my room.

"Did you really have to wake me up?" I ask, trying to make my voice sound as menacing as his does sometimes. His back is to the door.

"Yes. You want to know about the First Order? I'm going to show you," he says, not turning his head towards me as he starts walking.

"And now was the only available time?" I ask, annoyed with him.

I get no response.

As we keep walking, I try to keep up with his quick pace. I also try to keep my excitement and curiosity on a minimal level but that's just not possible.

"I still don't understand how you know nothing of the First Order," he says, his mechanical voice starting to annoy me. Everything about Kylo annoys me.

"Why are you even wearing that stupid thing? It's the middle of the night," I ask, walking a little faster so that I'm right next to me and he can see exactly my face. As far as I know he doesn't look at me.

"I don't just walk around without it," he says, making an abrupt turn. I nearly stumble trying to correct my direction.

I roll my eyes and decide to stay quiet for now.

As I follow Kylo, I see places of the Star Killer that I haven't before, which isn't that surprising seeing as I'm not exactly a ranking person on the base and I've only been here about a week outside of my time in the cell.

I look around in curiosity until Kylo stops and I run directly into his back. He doesn't seem to lose his balance whatsoever, but I stumble back, nearly falling over.

"Watch where you're going," he says, not looking back at me.

I roll my eyes again.

We stand in front of a door that Kylo uses a passcode to unlock. He grabs my arm and pulls me inside.

I look around and see unfamiliar technology and a large round table-like thing in the middle of the room.

The walls are dull grey, just like my room, but they are nearly covered by either objects or screens. I have no idea what most things on the wall are.

"What is this room?" I ask him, looking around for some sort of clue.

"Archives," he says shortly. Seriously something is wrong with him. He's never pleasant to be around, but he's never just plain rude.

"Take that stupid mask off," I comment, highly frustrated with his behavior. "Why are we here?"

Ignoring my request about the mask, he answers me. "I'm going to teach you about the First Order."

I look up at him, not knowing how to respond.

It's like when he has his mask on he's alien to me and I really don't know how to handle him. It makes me more frightened of him.

"The First Order has a task and that is to remove the disorder from our existence. This will permit the stability the Galaxy had under the rule of the Galactic Empire. Stability that promotes progress. This rule was reduced to Anarchy by the Rebellion which was then taken over by the Republic, and will now be restored by us," Kylo begins, stepping closer to me.

I stare at him wide eyed, surprised there could be so many different things going on and he'd only given me an overview. I don't know how to respond yet again because I'm confused.

I hear a huff come from him before he reaches up and presses the side of his mask, taking it off.

"You have so much to learn," he says as his hair is revealed to me. He runs a hand through it and I find myself wanting to do the same. I'm definitely more comfortable around him when he's not wearing that damned helmet.

"Is that all it takes to get you to relax?" He asks me, obviously being able to sense my new comfort. A small smirk plays in his lips as I look away.

A silence remains between us until I feel his hand under my chin, forcing it upwards.

As my face tilts up, my eyes connect with Kylo's. I feel unable to look away.

"You have so much to learn," he says, using his other hand to brush away stray hairs from my face.

I lean into his touch, forgetting reality for a moment.

When he pulls away, he backs up and walks away from me, heading for the round table. He pushes something that makes a large technological screen appear. He reaches up and slides things and taps buttons before I see a large sphere appear.

"This is the Death Star," he says, turning back to make sure I'm paying attention to him.

I walk closer as he delves into how the First Order came to be and how it operates.

Hello!! I hope you enjoy!

I've honestly been considering whether this should be slightly smutty. Would anyone be opposed to that Bc honestly you're lying to yourself if you don't think that a steamy scene would be awesome. And I have really good ideas for one so just let me know ;)

thank you guys for the feedback in the last chapter please continue to give me more!!

xx