XXXIV

I continue with my journey, searching everywhere for a sign of civilization.

My focus is not entirely on finding my checkpoint, but rather it's on finding something to eat.

Every tree I pass, I examine the leaves and the roots, trying to remember what Kylo had taught me.

"But this is so boring," I complain, leaning my back over the side of the chair and pushing until I'm nearly hanging upside down.

"Well you'll be wishing you had paid attention when you are in need of food and water," Kylo remarks, his tone making him sound very unamused.

"There is so much else we could be doing," I say, my thoughts trailing for a moment. "Like fighting!"

I pop out of my chair and quickly step towards Kylo, grabbing his arm. I try to pull him from his seat where he is reading, but he stays put, my efforts seeming futile.

I've been pretty comfortable around Kylo for quite some time now and I won't deny that it's because of how close we've grown...physically.

No of course we haven't done anything too serious but our make out sessions definitely give me more confidence around him because I know he enjoys it as much as I do.

That confidence somehow translates into fearlessness with him and I feel like that might bite me in the butt someday but I push that thought to the back of my mind.

"Lyra, seriously. You need to learn this kind of stuff. I don't have time to train with you today, I have stuff to do," Kylo tells me, his tone sounding annoyed and his eyes never leaving the print he is focused on.

"But Kylo," I whine, stomping my foot like a child. My attitude with him returns in times like these.

"But nothing, Lyra,"  he says dismissively.

I groan at his response, going back to sit in my chair and read this book on plants that he gave me.

After a few more minutes of torturously reading this book, I put it down before deciding on a different tactic.

I walk up to Kylo and push the book in his lap out of my way before replacing it with myself.

Kylo stares at me, shocked by my bold actions as I lean forward and look into his eyes.

I grab a strand of his hair that had fallen in front of his face and push it back, slowly enjoying the feeling of his hair between my fingers.

When I do this, I can see Kylo visibly calm down for a second before regaining his usual composure.

Before I get the chance to say anything, Kylo forcefully shoves me off of his lap before standing up.

I shake the memory away, regretting not fully paying attention to what I had read. If I just picked any of these trees I could poison myself.

It wasn't worth the risk.

If I had been blindly walking to my destination, it might be worth it, but I know that I have to be very close.

Plus, if I don't eat, it will be easier for me to act like a prisoner.

I continue walking, gathering every ounce of strength that I have.

I see a hill come into view and a sigh of relief almost passes my lips. Almost.

The hill looks a great distance away and although it must be the hill just before civilization, I don't know if I have enough energy to reach even that.

I walk for what feels like hours, my feet trudging against the ground beneath them. If it's possible, every step I take doesn't seem to get me any closer to the hill than I was before.

As the seconds pass, my lungs begin to feel more and more deprived of real supplement. A burning sensation spreads through my lungs and it's so unfamiliar to me. No amount of fatigue in training ever made me feel like this.

My legs feel like they could fall of at any moment. I stumble over my own feet every now and then because of it.

Finally I stumble too much for my tired body to catch itself, so I fall to the ground.

Once I'm laying on my stomach, I begin to think about how great it feels to not be moving and let my eyes begin to close.

I know I have a mission to complete, but the ground just feels so soft and a perfect place for me to go to sleep.

I pull my legs up to my body, wrapping my arms around them as I settle into the idea of resting here.

As my mind drifts away from my tired and starved body, I slightly hear the voice of another, but I'm too far gone to think about if the voice was real or fake.

"Do you know how much I want to kill you right now?" My voice comes out much less threatening than I had intended.

"You'll be thanking me later," Kylo responds, his eyes never one leaving mine.

"Can't say that I will be," I bit back, glaring at him as best I can as my eyes start to droop.

"Awake," he reminds, touching my thigh.

"But Kylo," I whine. "Please."

"No, you need this. You have no idea how long you'll be traveling." A small smile appears on Kylo's face as he leans into me, his nose tracing from mine to my ear to whisper the last part.

The contact between our skin is almost enough to wake me up fully.

"Kylo, it's been three days. Just let me sleep," I plead with him, beginning to close my eyes.

"Sorry, I can't," he responds before using his force to cause a pounding in my head. It's nothing harsh, but enough to make me jolt upright.

Tried writhing this last night whilst watching The Force Awakens but obviously that wasn't successful and I watched the movie instead.

If you haven't already, please go check out the next fanfiction about Kylo I will be writing: History! I'm pretty excited about how badass my next character will be.

Also, if you're in need of a fanfiction idea, go hit up my plot shoppe which is also on my page!

And one more thing: I have another Kylo fanfiction that I'm dying to write that will be much less realistic but much more hilarious. Should I do it at the same time as history or nah?

Please remember to vote and comment!

xx