XIX

Banging my head on the ground, I land with such force that I know exactly what happened. Ringing appears in my ears and keeps my eyes screwed close until it dulls enough, and writhing seconds in standing on my feet, ignoring the lightheadedness I'm experiencing.

Immediately, I look to where Bane and I had been to see him up against the weapon wall, pressed into many of the weapons, struggling to breath. I look to the doorway to see whom I expected, Kylo Ren. He was holding his hand out using the force to hold Bane.

"Stop!" I scream as I run towards Kylo as he slowly approaches Bane. I tug on his cape, trying to do anything to turn his attention on me and to drop Bane.

My attempt is futile. Kylo brushes me off and moves even closer to Bane, leaving only mere inches depressing them. It's too visible to me how Bane is struggling to get air into his lungs and this frightens me worse than anything I've seen Kylo do before. Any time Kylo threatened my life, I wasn't this afraid.

"Kylo! Stop!" I scream, grabbing his out held arm and trying to tug it away from its position. I'm no hindrance to Kylo, though. "Please!" I cry out, my voice cracking, tears filling my eyes.

"Your duty as a pilot has been compromised. You were well aware of the rules," Kylo says in his flat and mechanical voice. I whimper as I try to pull him, push him, claw him—anything to save Bane.

I can hardly bring myself to look at Bane for his face is turning blue and his eyes are becoming bloodshot. He could pass out any second.

"Kylo!" I scream again, struggling as I kick and punch him. "Don't!"

Tears are now covering my face completely and my throat is raw from the screaming.

What have I done? I should have heeded Kylo's warning. I didn't know it could cost Bane his life.

I pull on Kylo's arm and suddenly his arm slackens. Relief washes over me for a brief, happy millisecond before I hear the collapse of Bane's body to the ground.

"Bane!" I scream, turning and dropping to the floor where his unconscious body lay. I grab his face and push loose hair away from his eyes. Before I can even think to check if he's alive, I'm forcefully yanked away.

Two black-gloved hands with a plate of white armor grab my arms and hold me back while two storm troopers grab Bane's unconscious form and drag him from the room. I scream unintelligible things the whole while, my head pounding and my throat throbbing. I could care less as I continue to thrash in an attempt to get out of the trooper's hold.

After the troopers take Bane away, the trooper holding me releases my arms and heads for the door. I attempt to run past him and out the door, but I'm stopped dead in my tracks and quickly realize Ren is holding me back.

The trooper calmly walks past me and closes the door on his way out.

As soon as the click of the door reaches my ears, I'm released from my hold and I instantly turn to face a now mask-less Kylo Ren. He has a smug look on his face as he approaches me.

I consider running for the door, but then a better idea pops into my head.

As soon as Kylo and his stupid smug face get close enough to me, I use every ounce of strength I have to slap him across the face.

"You son of a bîtch!" I scream, tears continuing to roll down my face. Kylo keeps his face still from where my hand had pushed it, shock registering on his features. He slowly reaches up to touch his reddened cheek but I don't stop there.

I shove him, trying to knock him over, all of my sense being gone from me.

"You killed him!" I scream, kicking and punching at him like he taught me to. "How could you!"

After one more good punch to his rib cage, he flicks his wrist up, paralyzing me.

I glare at him as he gets close to me, an unhappy look on his face.

"He's not dead, but I may kill whomever I please," he states slowly, as if trying to control his anger. "He knows the rules."

I want so badly to argue and fight back, but I can't move a single muscle. Relief does flood me at the knowledge that Bane isn't dead, though, but not enough to dampen my rage.

"I told you before that you are not here to have romance. You're here to train, to fight for our cause," he says, this time his voice more like a growl. I see anger in his eyes.

He releases me and I lunge at him instantly, but he grabs my arms and spins me around, slamming me to the floor.

I groan in pain, shutting my eyes for the pain. Gritting my teeth, I try to move from this position.

When I open my eyes, Kylo is leaning over me and is very, very close to my face. I can feel his deep breaths against my face.

"You're just..." I bite out, sucking in more air to make the second part of my statement louder. "Jealous."

His eyes narrow and I glare at him in a similar response.

"I cannot be jealous for something I don't want," he says quietly, a smirk appearing on his face before he pushes off of me and storms out of the room.

I'm so excited for how the next section of the book is going to turn out. I went back and titled the first 19 chapter as Phase 1. The next chapter should be starting Phase 2 I believe :)

Dedication to: friedmayo because she always comments awesome stuff and she's such a loyal reader and yeah :) she's pretty cool!

Please remember to vote and comment and maybe you'll get the next dedication!! Also if you want one you could make banners or a trailer! (If you make a trailer it will be in every chapter for exposure)

My friend today told me there was no way I could ever be a Sith Lord. He may or may not have been mysteriously strangulated.

Lol jk

Are you a Sith or a Jedi?
xx