XV

Running through corridors of the Starkiller, tears start to fill my eyes and spill over, no doubt streaking my dirty face. Eventually, my vision blurs and I try desperately to wipe the liquid from my eyes and face so that I can have a sense of direction and find my room.

After stumbling for a few seconds as I swipe my hand over my eyes, I try to run again but run straight into something and fall over. Without looking at what I ran into, I scramble to get up, impetuously trying to get to the safety and comfort of my room.

"Hey, are you okay?" Strong hands grab my arms and gently pull me to a standing position. Instead of letting me go though, they keep their hold. "Lyra?"

I blink tears from my eyes as I try to pull away, looking at the person who has a hold of me.

"Lyra, what happened?" I take in his light and caring eyes.

"Bane, I-I have to go," I say, attempting to get away and run to my room again. 

"No, Lyra, what's going on?" I watch as his eyes run over my body and his eyes widen. "What happened to you?"

"Let go," I cry out, yanking my body in pursuit of getting away from him. I don't want to be around anyone.

"No."

"I have to get to my room!" I whine, pushing against his chest with my fists.

"Lyra, stop," he urges, taking my hits without complaint.

"Just let me go," I say, my voice cracking before a sob leaves my mouth. I eventually stop struggling against him.

"Lyra, come on," Bane says softly, releasing one of my arms and sliding his hand on the other down to grasp my hand.

He begins to walk slowly, leading me through doorways that I've never seen before and I try to get away from him a few times before deciding to just go with it. He can't harm me any more than Kylo can.

We finally enter a corridor where there are many doors very close to each other. It almost looks like a prison but the people walk freely in an out of these doors.

"Where are we?" I ask, sniffling as I wipe tears from my face. A few people pass us and their eyes linger for too long.

"This is the residence quarters for the pilots of the First Order. At least the ones in my division," Bane construes, pulling me towards the right end of the hallway.

We approach the next to last door on the right and bane pulls out a card from his pocket, waving it over a small black box before a green light flashes and he opens the door.

"Uh, this is my room," Bane says, turning to look at me before releasing my hand. I stand there and look at him, wondering why he brought me here. I just wanted to go to my room.

Bane looks around awkwardly before going over to a table and rummages through the drawer on it.

The room is smaller than the one I'm staying in but it is just as plain.

The bed in the center of the back wall has a steel frame and the coverings that adorn it are almost identical to the ones on my bed, except smaller to fit the slightly smaller bed. There is a table on either side of the bed each with a drawer and a shelf under it. There are two doors within the room and they are opposite walls of each other. One must be a bathroom and one must be a closet.

I begin to examine the floor, noting the metal appearance and the small swirls that entice my eyes to follow them across the expanse of it.