Chapter Twenty

He looked up hearing movement. "Wait here, I'll call for you if I need help, just please...try to stay out of sight...I can't let you get hurt again...I may have lost so many...but I can't lose you." She nodded and stayed where she was as he disappeared into the dark, his cloak billowing in the icy wind. Lusaldi sighed ashamed of herself, he had such a hard grip on her and where ever he would go, she would have to go too. She let her fingerless gloved hand trail up to her neck. The bandages had fallen off in the attacks leaving the raw red skill open to the elements, the mark he had given her, the mark he had claimed her with, the mark of Kylo Ren. She gently placed a hand upon the mark hoping Kylo would be safe and wouldn't need her help.  Stupid love, why did she have to feel this way? Why did she have to care so deeply about one person? Why did he have to be the missing piece to her happiness? Why were they forced to be in this situation? Why, why, WHY?!

Kylo walked through the forest alone, trying to find what had happened to that rouge Stormtrooper and Scavenger girl. He had to make sure they were dead before he and Lusaldi could even think about trying to flee the Star Killer base, that was the only surefire way they would be garneted their freedom. His side hurt; that damned Wookie had really injured him with that blaster. He bit his lip, if he was in this amount of pain he could only imagine what Lusaldi felt, she was shot twice after all. Kylo stopped hearing a stick break a few yards away from him in the darkness. He grabbed his light saber and flicked it on, it sprang to life with a cry of agony lighting up the darkness with its dark red color. A few moments after, a blue lightsaber answered the call and began to illuminate the darkness, lighting up the face of the rouge Stormtrooper. Kylo smirked evilly and began running at the man clashing his saber with him multiple times, always on the attack and never on the defense. This man was weak. Occasionally Kylo would have to stop and beat on his wound caused by the Wookie just to keep his rage at a high enough level to overpower the man. Eventually he managed to turn the man around before dragging the end of his saber down his spine. The man let out a cry of agony, his lightsaber flying through the air lading somewhere off in the darkness before the man fell.

Kylo smirked, in a matter of minutes the man would be dead, and there was nothing that scavenger girl could do to stop him. She was just as weak, there was no stopping him. He turned to start his journey back to Lusaldi when he heard another lightsaber spring to life. He turned to see Rey with her lightsaber poised ever so terribly in front of her, but with a look of pure rage upon her face. He relit his lightsaber before she ran at him attacking him with full force. Kylo was surprised by the amount of strength that this meager scavenger girl had. He knew going into this battle that she was force-sensitive just like he and Lusaldi were, but she had absolutely no prior training. She had already been able to master a few tricks of the force that took months upon months of practicing to learn, and her lightsaber work was no exception. She was absolutely amazing this girl, the force was truly strong with her. He crashed his blade downward intending to strike her in the head but she put up a block holding her saber strongly. "The force is strong with you!" He yelled over the explosions and howling wind. "With the proper training you could be one of the most powerful beings to ever live. Join the dark side! Let me teach you!"

Lusaldi had sunk down into the snow trying to use the ice to numb the burning sensation she felt in her back. Why was she drifting back toward the light without Kylo by her side? She needed him to be with her, but he would refuse to love her if they went back. Stupid love, why did she have to feel it? Nothing to be ashamed of, love is. The raspy voice spoke out. An emotion that is more powerful than hate or anger, love is.

"But we've caused so much damage... can it really be undone?" She responded to the voice in her mind trying to figure out who it was.

What you must do, Lusaldi, you know already.