Chapter 2 - Poppy

"A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but bestfriends only poke each other with straws" - Unknown

                                                            *******

The next morning Avery, Tessa, and I sat on my bed, analyzing the note. Tessa's phone in hand, I dialed my number numerous times, only to end the call seconds later. The thought of coming in contact with him again made me shiver. 

It wasn't his appearence, which wasn't bad, but his attitude. The way he held himself, how he touched me. Despite the alcohol that stained his breath, I wasn't entirely sure that he was completelty incoherent. His voice too stable, his eyes trained to hard on me. 

Finally, after much debate, Avery's pink painted fingers curled around the mobile, quickly snatching it and dialing my number. I strugged to get the phone, but Tessa's quick reflex held me back. After a few rings, he picked up

"Hello?"Harry spoke, the static making it hard to hear his voice

"Hi, this is Avery, Poppy's friend. She's the girl who's phone you stole"Avery responded, smiling at the roll of my eyes

Harry's deep chuckle could be heard from across the line,"I didn't steal her phone. She dropped it"

Avery rolled her eyes,"Yeah sure, anyway...when can she get it back?"

I shook my head,"You can just send it to me!"I shouted, hoping he heard me. Avery laughed, shaking her hear

"Well, she could come over today. I have quite the hangover, so I wont be going anywhere"He spoke, making my stomach flip. 

I didn't want to go anywhere near him and his green eyes. Maybe I could convince one of them to come with me, but it was doutable. Knowing my friends, they'd make me go alone just to be able to take the mickey out of me later. Avery arranged for me to go to his house at twelve, to retreive my phone. 

Hours later, after I had shouted at her for calling him when I was completely for just leaving my phone with him, I stared into my small closet, pondering over what to wear. Pulling out a pair of jeggings and a Arctic Monkeys band shirt, I tossed them on, hoping I didn't look too bad. Though it didn't matter, I was getting my phone, and I was leaving. Nothing else.