Chapter 23 - Poppy

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” - J. K. Rowling

                                             *******

Harry looked so scared. His normally bouncy curls were plastered to his forehead, his green eyes so pale they were grey. 

"I'm sorry, I went to my room because it was really sweaty"I said, pushing his hair off his forehead. I had yet to see him like this. He seemed so...on edge. 

Harry looked down at me, his eyes holding an expression that I could only call terror. His bottom lip quivered as he brough it down on mine, kissing my tentatevly, like he was afriad that if he was too rough I'd crumble between his hands. He stayed like that, hands barely gripping my waist, body miles frm mine.

"Harry..."I mumbled, against his lips. Being like this, it wasn't pleasant. I needed more, more contact from somewhere, anywhere. 

Harry pulled away, taking my momentary pause the wrong way. Yawning, he replied,"Lets sleep"

Harrys calloused hand gently tugged me towards my darkened room, then to my bed. Slowly, he lifted me up and laid me down on the bed, pulling the white covered up to my chin. Kissing me forehead lightly, he looked down on me.

"Promise you won't leave me"He mumbled, his words barely audible

I nodded in response, patting the side of my bed which was unoccupied. Harry nodded and climbed into my bed, his arms snaking around me as he slid under the duvet.

"I want you to promise"He murmured, though his voice held intensity. 

"Do I have a choice?"I asked, trying to be comical and lighten the mood

Harry instantly stiffened next to me, every muscle in his body going taught,"You always have a choice. Don't you know that...?"

I bit my lip, my dark brows furrowing in confusion. What was wrong with him? Surely all this uneasiness wasn't just caused by a nightmare,"I promise..."

Harry nodded in somewhat satisfaction, though I could sense something else was on his mind. Should I ask him? Or should I let him mull it over and if he wants to tell me he will. Looking over at my green