Chapter 20 - Poppy

"Lust's passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes." - Marquis de Sade

                                                            *******

A fire burned deep inside me, the pits of my stomach housing a wildfire that could only be doused by Harry. His long, delicate fingers trailed over my stomach, every inch quenching a small part of my internal inferno. 

Harry's soft curls brushed against my forehead as he leaned down. Deciding to give himself a break, he slid his hands under my bum, gently lifting me up. Instinctually, I wrapped my legs around his waist, not oblivious to the sexual reaponse my actions had produced. 

A low growl emitted from Harry's throat, his actions going from rough to downright agressive. His lips only leaving mine for moments as he carried me to the worn leather couch in the middle of my living room. Gently, he laid me down on the couch, taking no time to take his place above me. 

With his forehead against mine, he looked down at me, his eyes shining with a green that seemed impossible. His cheeks red with a slight blush and breathing that didn't have a pattern. Why was it when Harry seemed least in control of himself, did I like him the most? Maybe it was because of how cool and composed he ususally was. How calculating and cunning. When he seemed most vulnerable, like he was going to go mad, was when he was most like himself. Trusting Harry was like walking up stairs in the dark. Your not quite sure when it ends, but you think you have an idea. You have to trust your memory to save you. Either there is no step and your foot comes crashing down, or there is a step and your safe. 

Harry had taken the final step, he was waiting to see if I'd let him crash, or save him. I was waiting for the same, but I was in control of my own fate, as well as Harry's. I could ask him to leave and let his foot fall, or I could stay with him, lie here in his arms, and save him. If I let him fall, I might always wonder what if, but if I save him he may not save me. 

I'd rather have a broken heart and memories, then wonder for the rest of my life if I made a good decision. Sliding one hand into his hair, the other winding around his neck, I pulled him closer, my lips almost connecting with his as I whispered

"I'll save you"

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry, this is really short, I'm just not really feeling the story at the present time