Chapter 19 - Poppy

“There is no fulfillment that is not made sweeter for the prolonging of desire” - Jacqueline Carey

                                                    *******

Harry looked at me, his green eyes bright despite the little amount of light, with a look of nothing but want. He stepped forward, making me step back. I wasn't running away, more so waiting to see what he would do. Each forward step he took, I copied by stepping back. As we reached the top of the stairs, he reached out, grabbing my arm. 

We stood, locked in that position, waiting for the other to move. My eyes never left him, despite his varying pressure on my arm. His sultry gaze and alluring smirk weren't going to break me down. He wouldn't see me sweat. Shifting my eyes upwards to meet his stare, I felt his hand slid up from my arm over my shoulder and along my neck. His gentle, yet urgent touch, left me with raised goosebumbs covering my body. 

His lips parted as he chuckled softly, noticing the effect he had on me. The racing pulse, constant shifting of feet, breaths that came out in quicks puffs, and sweaty palms. When Avery taught me to keep my cool when around guys, she didn't do a very good job. My tells were given away left and right, much to Harry's pleasure.

"Do you have an important shipment tomorrow?"Harry asked,"Because you look quite nervous"

His voice was exceptionally low and oozed with despire. His hand trailed up my neck and rested on my jaw, his fingertips just brushing my ear. Taking another step forward, I scooted backwards, my back pressing against the wall behind me. Knowing I had no where else to go but back down the stairs, Harry smirked and captured me in his grip once again. He drew closer, alcohol on his breath, though not very prominent. 

His body filled my vision. Everywhere I looked, his tall frame occupied. The scent of his cologne wafted over me, making me shiver in pleasure. It didn't particularly smell like anything, just clean. Like he had just come out of the shower. 

Making no move other than to get closer to me, he took another step. His nose brushed against mine as he closer in, our lips only centimeters apart. Yet, nothing. He made no move to kiss me. His hands didn't move from my arms. The only sign of life was the steady rise and fall of his chest, accompanied by the his exhales, which blew my hair away from my face. 

His rosy lips turned up into a smile as I stood on my toes. It wasn't a sexy, 'I wanna fuck you sensless', smirk, or a 'I know something you dont' grin, but a real smile. A smile which showed his perfectly straight teeth, except for his front top two teeth, which over lapped only slightly. It was a smile rarely housed on Harry's face. It only made him all the more attractive. 

My eyes fluttered closed as he brushed his lips against mine, our skin only contacting for a millisecond before he pulled away. Why was he so bipolar? He just stood in the evening London fog, high on adrenaline and passion, now he was positioned in front of me, teasing me. 

"Damn it, Harry"I almost growled, startling myself with the sound of lust that consumed my voice. 

His green orbs, his right eye slightly bluer than his left, held his smile. My reaction had obviously confirmed something. His lips crashed down onto mine with reckless abandon, full of want and craving. HIs hands moved around my waist, pulling me in tight. My hands slowly moved from my sides up his toned chest, and into his head of curls.