Chapter 18 - Avery

“You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.”  - John Green

                                                          *******

Once Harry appeared in the doorway, I felt the mood shift. I heard shouting, Harry's deep voice no doubt, and immedately rushed to Poppy's aid. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It was almost visible, whatever was transpiring betweent them. I was prepared to fight, to take him down if he laid a finger of Poppy. 

As Harry spoke, I almost fell into Tessa. He spoke with such passion, throwing reckless abandon into the mix as he confessed his feelings towards Poppy. His love for her was written across his face. In the tortured frown that marred his beautiful face, in the despratation that was housed in his eyes. He wanted her bad, more than that, he sounded as if he couldn't, wouldn't, go on without her. 

When Poppy consented to him, I wasn't surprised. For someone like Harry to bear his arms and wait for a teacher's ruler to come down on it, was rare. He did is with such fire, any girl would have given in to him. As Harry walked in, surprise on his face like a slap, I took the note that I was my time to go. Pulling Tessa with me, despite not wearing shoes or much of anything, we walked back to the flat Felix and I shared. 

As I slid my key in the slot, it was torn from my grip as someone on the inside opened it. A girl with long black hair pushed past me, knocking me onto the street, Tessa soon to follow. 

"Bree wait, please come back"Felix's voice shouted from inside the apartment,"Bree, come on, love. We can work this out. I promise, I'll love you like I should"He said, running out onto the street and passing Tessa and I without a second look. 

Bree turned on her toe and slammed her palm to Felix's left cheek. I almost felt protective over him, but it was obvious what had happened, so I didn't lift a finger. 

"Shut up Felix, just go back to your slutty girlfriend, and fuck her instead. Apparently, I'm not good enough for you to break up with her anyway"She shouted, quickly climbing into a cab and racing away

With a sigh of anger, Felix turned back to his apartment, knocking into me as I stormed towards him. Tessa always said that she had never seen me so mad, not even when Poppy secretly gave a piece of my writing to my boss.

"You prick!"I screamed, shoving him backwards,"I knew this was going to happen...your just a twat and a man whore! You better get out of my flat before I call Christian"I shouted, knowing that the mention of my brother would scare him off. Not only was Christian a champion football player, but he was a head taller than Felix, and stronger too

"I-"He started, only to have Tessa cut him off

"If you talk to her, I swear to God that I will hit you right here"She said, her voices calm but dangerous

Felix turned to me, pleading in his eyes. I shook my head, staring him down

"Too late...you should expect your things to be tossed out the window"I said, grabbing Tessa and running inside, locking the door behind us. 

In a fit of rage, I rifled through the entire flat, searching for things that belonged to Felix. A box of the horrid cereal he insisted on eating, his clothes, even his state of the art sound system. One by one, they went out the window of our shared bedroom, a number of other objects joining them. 

Once I had finished, each room in tatters, I stuck my head out the window,"Thats it, now fuck off"I shouted, slamming the window shut. Slowly, I slid down the wall, bursting into tears as Tessa attempted to comfort me