Chapter 7

We sat there, lying against the willow tree in his secret paradise that only his band mates and me knew about. His arm around me, my head on his shoulder. We watched tourists para-sailing in the sky, wind sailing, and jet skiing in the bay.

"We'll do that some time before you leave," Ashton said, softly rubbing his hand up and down my arm. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

"Yeah, that would be fun," I said as I drew out a sigh. The light breeze blew against my face, blowing my hair against the base of the tree. His shoulder was like the perfect pillow; firm and soft, but not too much of either.

"This is going to sound completely mad, but....I feel like...just after these few days of meeting you, I know you're the one. I...I love you, Juliette." Ashton leaned down and kissed my head, my eyes still closed, savoring this moment. I thought he would have put his head back up but instead his hand reached for my chin, lifting it up from his comfy shoulder to meet his gaze. I stared into his hazel brown-green eyes as his hand cupped my cheek as he leaned in, his eyes slowly closing; lips only an inch away. I wanted to pull away but he was like a magnet and I was attracted to him.

I only had a second to make the decision so I went with my gut and closed my eyes and leaned in for his kiss. His breath was blowing against my face as we neared giving me the hint that he was about to press our lips together and I braced myself for his touch.

"Juliette, honey? It's time to wake up. It's nearly noon," I heard Mary-Lynn call from outside my door. I groaned at the fact that I was just dreaming the whole time, wishing it was real.

She walked in wearing a tight black pencil skirt with a plum colored and a long-sleeve button up dress shirt tucked inside of it. Her blond hair falling gracefully around her shoulders. She was absolutely stunning. "A friend of yours called earlier because you hadn't answered your texts, asking if you could call him back."

"Did he happen to mention who he was?" I asked, my voice a little groggy.

"No, try checking your texts though. He seemed eager to talk to you," she smiled that "It's obvious someone's got a crush" smile and strode out of the room.

I anxiously reached for my phone, which had fallen off the bed while I slept and tapped through my inbox. My eyes immediately looked for Ashton's name to find one text from him.

From: Ashton Irwin x @10:17 AM

"Dont make any plans for 2 k?"

I couldn't tell if he was the one to call the Breyer's house because I wouldn't have any clue to how he got it so I went back to my inbox and read the four texts from Caleb.

From: Caleb Cav @9:04 AM

"text me about the date jules;)"

From: Caleb Cav @10:13 AM

"jules wake up. i wanna kno what happend"

From: Caleb Cav @10:58 AM

"omfg u kno im impatient"

From: Caleb Cav @11:26 AM

"did u guys bang till midnight or somethin?? WAKE UP"

I rolled my eyes as I read through and glanced at the clock. It was only 11:45 so I called him back to calm him down.

Within the first ring he answered.

"DID HE DRUG YOU OR SOMETHING? You never sleep in this late!"

"No, he didn't drug me! We weren't even out that late. I was just...dreaming." Might as well be honest.

"About him?" he said in a teasing voice.

"Oh shut up. That's none of your business." I knew he could hear the smile in my voice.