Chapter 26

I woke up again to a pounding sound, but this time it wasn't from from the door; it was from my head. I reached my hand up to rub the corner of my forehead to try and numb the torturous headache but it didn't help. 

I look at the digital clock on the bedside table to see that it was only five in the morning. What even happened last night? I remembered the boys offering me a bottle of vodka, rejected it and then ended up having three? 

I squeezed my eyes closed and rubbed my temple, standing up to free myself from the warm bed that was making me feel all clammy. I stumbled on my feet as I made my way to the bathroom, using the wall for support as I did so. The fluorescent lights partially blinding me as I switched them on. 

My stomach churned and I lurched towards the toilet, releasing all my bile. I felt a hand pull my hair back and another on my shoulder. There was no way this was Charlie helping me deal with my hangover. I looked up after one session of the throwing up is done and see a tired Luke. When the hell did he get in my room?

I gave him a weak smile and turned my head quickly back to the toilet to let out another series of vomit. Note to self: never drink again my conscious snapped.

After about ten more minutes of that, I finally leaned away from the toilet into Luke's legs, ripping off a piece of toilet paper to wipe my mouth.

"How you feeling?" He asked, looking down at me, an apologetic smile painted on his face.

I smiled and closed my eyes, shaking my head. "It's official now. I'm never drinking again."

"The aftermath is never fun, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you at least had fun," he shrugged.

"What even happened last night? All I remember is finishing a bottle...or three. Everything between that is a blur though," I said.

He moved his legs and got down on the floor with me, our backs leaning against the bathtub. "Well when you had your second bottle you got a little more tipsy so I tried to take it back. That obviously didn't happen," he chuckled. "After your third, you were absolutely wasted. You called Ashton,"

"No I didn't," I said in disbelief but he nodded.

"Yup. You did and you brought up him lying to you." I could hear how uncomfortable he felt telling me this. I buried my face in my hands, shaking my head repeatedly.

"No no no no no no. Why didn't you guys stop me!" I laughed. Something about me drunk calling him amused me.

"We didn't know what you were going to do! And if anything, Michael and Cal were as wasted as you so they kind of encouraged you to do it. It was mostly all you though," he laughed.

"Do you know what he said?" I asked, praying I had put the phone on speaker or something.

"No, you said something like don't you want me to be happy, Ashton? and then something like well if you want me to be happy, why'd you lie to me? You hung up after that though."

"Well going back to that should be interesting," I smiled shaking my head and rubbing my temples.

"Headache?" He asked.

"More like a jack hammer hitting my skull. This is awful," I groaned, leaning my shoulder on to his, our heads lightly resting upon one another. "Thank you for staying with me," I said quietly, embarrassed that he's seen me in probably my worst state.

"Of course," he said, the smile in his voice clear.

"This is one hell of a trip huh?" I joked, laughing to myself.