Chapter 24

(Alright so.......while writing this I got myself confused with all of the seasons since they're different than what it's like in murica so when I say winter vacation...I mean like june-august since thats like summer vacation for over here if that made any sense.oh my gosh. im sorry, i suck but enjoy the chapter x also thank you SO much for 100k reads. youre all amaaazing x )

I rolled my eyes and got up to unpack some of my clothes. Don't talk to her. She's just trying to get under your skin. I thought to myself.

"No need for the sad face, Juliette. We're all friends here, right?" The sarcasm in her voice made me want to vomit. I bit my lip to keep from saying something to her. I didn't want to make enemies on my stay here in Australia but she just made herself so easy to hate. I felt like it was impossible to even pretend to be pleasant around her. "Oh I get it. You're upset that Ashton isn't here to comfort you. That's it, isn't it?" She remarked after I didn't respond.

I turned around on my heel sharply to face her. "Listen, I don't want to start any crap on this trip alright? So I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine," I said. She didn't seem fazed at all by my mini-outburst. If anything she seemed amused.

"You've been in my way since you walked in my damn school, Juliette."

What? She must've been able to tell I was confused because she kept talking. "Everything between Ashton and me was perfect." She stood up from the bed, her arms crossed in front of her chest and walked up to me, barely a couple feet in between us. "We spent our winter break together at the beach. He probably told you he never brought a girl to that little field by the bay?" I didn't know what to say. On our first date, Ashton said only the band and I knew about his secret paradise. Was that a lie?

"Stop. Just stop," I said and backed away, only to bump into the dresser.

"Why? The truth hurts, doesn't it? I'm also guessing he said he never took anyone jet-skiing on his skis before you?"

"He wouldn't lie about that," I start to say.

"But he would. I'm going to be honest, you're beautiful. No wonder why Ashton wanted to charm you so bad. The funny thing is though, is that we hung out on that nice grassy field almost every evening after we went jet-skiing on his skis. You weren't the only one so stop thinking that Ashton and you have some secret bond and you know him better than anyone because you don't. You're just some American girl who's falling head over heels for a guy with an accent. I've known him since practically birth." I wanted to punch that smirk off her face.

"Then why hasn't he asked you out then if you've known each other for so long?" I said.

"That's none of your business," she simply said.

"Exactly, so stay out of my life."

"You un-invitingly entered mine, so I suggest you leave as soon as this exchange trip is done and over with," she sneered and turned to walk into the bathroom, leaving me motionless against the dresser. I don't think anyone's ever said such cruel things to me. I've always been talked crap about but never to my face. Plus, Caleb was always there to stick up for me but if anything, he was on her side for all of this. Before she stepped through the door, she turned around and said, "Oh and by the way, Caleb and Ashton are great in bed," and closed the bathroom door. Seconds later I heard the shower turn on.

I slowly slid down and hugged my knees, unsure whether to cry or just process everything she just said to me. Was every little moment him said he only shared with me a lie? Caleb and Ashton are great in bed replayed in my mind over and over. I could imagine Caleb giving himself to her but Ashton said nothing ever happened between them. Was he lying?

I remember how Luke told me how Ashton and Charlie hung out this summer, well their winter but she made it out to be like they were dating the whole time. Did he really take her to his secret paradise and family owned jet skis? If so, why did he lie? It's understandable if he told me that after the first interaction with Charlie because he knew I hated her but before when even he and I barely knew each other?

I got up to wipe my tears away with the sleeve of my sweatshirt and changed into my pajamas for bed before she came out.

God and this was only the first night.