Chapter Five: I Feel Mentally Violated.

Chapter Five: "I Feel Mentally Violated."

"SHUT UP," I plugged my ears, wondering why I come to this place so often. "Peter shut up you can't sing. You are making my ears bleed."

But the guy didn't shut up. Oh my goodness he wouldn't shut up. I curled up on the couch, pressing a throw pillow to my ears as he continued singing. I couldn't even decipher what song he was singing because he sounded worse than Andrew in the eighth grade.

He sounded like a cat touching water.

My ears were ringing.

What was he even saying?

Then a miracle happened.

The ugly voice stopped.

I would've cried tears of joy as I took the pillow off my ears and looked over at him.

Sam currently had his hands over his cousin's mouth and was straddling him from behind like a cowboy. Sam huffed over his struggling cousin, running a hand over the faint scruff on his face. "I question how we are possibly related."

Peter struggled to say something but Sam didn't let him go, instead he took the back of Peter leg and pulled it up in a painful move. Peter groaned, yelling into Sam's hand for him to let him go.

Sam grinned before letting his cousin go, sitting next to me on the couch. I nudged him with my elbow. "You are sadistic."

He shrugged. "I wouldn't call myself sadistic but...okay."

Peter got up, sighing heavily and brushing himself off. "Shouldn't you be at a party? Not harassing your family member?"

"Party?" I turned to Sam, confused.

He shrugged again, running a hand through his hair. "It's not that big of a deal. It's like a team bonding thing but honestly it's just a chance for half the team to get laid. They called it an intimate get together like something out of a TV show and the rest of the world calls it a party."

"Who throws a party on a Tuesday?" I asked.

"Drake. The famous one." Sam said, the same time Peter said. "Every night should be a party."

"You should go." I told him and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"Yeah you should. I mean it would be a chance for them to understand you better rather than just staying here and being called fresh meat."

"It would be better if you were with me." He admitted.

"I don't want to intrude plus I have practice tomorrow morning and I have to study anyway." And let's face it; I wouldn't really fit in with the whole crowd thing either. I'd like the idea of having fun but being surrounded by people getting wasted or getting high and a heat wave of bodies was not the top of my list. Even in high school when my dad or my friends thought it would be a way for me to have fun it really wasn't.

Bad things always happen at parties too.

But still who threw a party on a Tuesday?

"You sure?" I nodded and he sighed, grabbing my hand to pull me in the direction of his room.

"I didn't get an apology for you manhandling me!" Peter yelled.

"You aren't going to get one you prick!" Sam yelled back. That's when Peter started singing again and I almost ran to Sam's room. The second he entered the room I closed the door to block out any sounds of Peter strangling his vocal chords.