Chapter Thirty-One: Whip Cream.

Dedicated to @whitney_nyema69 for the cover at the top! Thank you❣️

I'm back :) I'm finally done my exams and halsey is releasing new music in june meaning my life is goooood . What about you?

Chapter Thirty-One: "Whip Cream."

"ZACH, PUT THESE in the display at the front, alright?" I handed him the box and he boyishly grinned.

"Got it." He disappeared and I was right behind them with the other box of books, heading over to a different aisle.

The sound of little feet running on the floor stopped me for a moment and my eyes widened when I saw Soccer running towards me. I immediately put the box down and collected him into my arms. "Hi, little guy."

I laughed, looking down at him as he settled into my arms. I ran a finger over the blue collar on his neck and the long leash that was being held by Maddy. She walked over to us, her hands in her pockets. "What are you doing here?"

"I took the day off from work and according to Sam who had practice, he said Soccer wanted to visit you. I didn't even have time to think before Peter was shoving him towards me."

"Peter huh?" hovered my fingers over Soccer's mouth and I pulled back playfully as he tried to nip at my fingers. "He really hates Soccer."

"I think he started hating him even more when his girlfriend broke up with him." Maddy mumbled, petting Soccer on the head.

"Wait, you know?" Peter's girlfriend-ex-girlfriend, Jenna whom he had dated for almost six years, broke up with him a couple days ago. He's been a complete wreck.

"Yeah, he told me everything in a span of five minutes. I realized that he's the type of guy to pour his feelings out to everyone like we're his therapists."

"I'm just happy that he hasn't resorted to alcohol."

"Really? No offence, but that's so unlike him."

"The second it happened, he told Sam to throw out every single bottle in their penthouse because he thought by the end of the week if he didn't, he might end up with alcohol poisoning."

"Wow."

"My exact thoughts," I stated. "I mean, it's Peter. He has a glass of red wine every day because it's good for the heart but he even threw that out."

"Wow." Maddy repeated. "Poor guy."

"They dated for a long time," I started taking the books out of the box, restocking the shelves. "I'm not sure how he's going to overcome this. I feel like everyone around me is breaking up."

"First there was Jasmine and Andrew. Now Peter and his girlfriend-"

"Jacob and Natalie are having problems." I added, thinking back to my conversation with my cousin the other day.

"Really?"

I nodded. "Ever since they weren't together over the break, they've been constantly fighting. They both kind of want to see other people but they haven't exactly broken up. They're still talking about it."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Well, how are you and Sam?"

"I haven't exactly had time to see him as often as I wish we could see each other I guess. We're both just kind of busy."

"No more Alexis drama, right?"

I rolled my eyes at the thought of Alexis, setting Soccer on the ground. "In a couple of weeks I'm seeing her again, remember? If something happens I'm not even sure how I would react. But she's not even a problem in my life. I know Tanya is definitely-"