Chapter Thirty-Nine: She's A Woman.

Dedicated to @Rock-Aya for the cover at the top💞Love it!

I feel like I'm failing English and I'm a fraction away from having a breakdown at school but it's all okay :) I think.

Chapter Thirty-Nine: "She's A Woman."

"LEAVE SOCCER WITH me. You can get him back next time you visit." Charles said, Soccer running around his feet.

I picked Soccer up, holding his warm body close to mine. He was probably the only source of heat in the chilly weather. It was like I could feel the frost growing on my eyebrows. "You really think you can handle his energy?"

"Of course," He laughed, a big and hearty laugh that made me smile. "He would keep me on my toes."

"I hate to break it to you Grandfather, but I need something to scare Peter out of the house sometimes and," Sam took Soccer out of my arms. "This little guy does the job."

"Tell Peter I said hello."

"Of course." Sam put Soccer in the car along with the rest of our stuff. Sam tapped his hand against the hood of the car. "Time to go." 

I looked up at the castle in front of us before turning back at Sam's grandfather. "Bye Charles."

He smiled at me, giving me a hug. "Achieve your football dream or any other if you change your mind."

"I don't think I'll ever change my mind about that." I told him.

Charles nodded and i took notice of how his eyes flickered down to my camera. "That's the determination I am talking about Macy. And you?" He looked over at Sam. "Smile a little, would you?"

Sam put on a fake grin for his grandfather and Charles rolled his eyes. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Just put yourself on the big screen, okay?"

Sam walked towards his grandfather and there was a content look on his face. "You always say that."

"Only because I know it'll happen."  

"I'll see you soon." Sam and him exchanged a hug and I stepped back, my camera in my hands and taking a quick picture before any of them could see.

Sam glanced down at my camera and an idea sprung in my mind. "Wait, wait, can I take a picture of you two?" Like I hadn't already.

I didn't even care if I asked. I carefully brought myself to sit on trunk of the car and I could already hear Sam yelling. "What are you doing?"

"Can I at least sit so I can get a good angle from here? I would prefer to stand but-"

"You are not standing on that car, Hazel." He demanded.

"Really, now?" I got off the car and raised my foot up as if I was prepared to stand on the car. "Who's going to stop me?"

"I swear to God..." He didn't even finish his sentence because by then he was reaching to pull my foot away and I laughed, pushing his hand away.

I pushed my hair behind my shoulders. "Let me at least sit to get a picture of you two. I'm not going to stand. Don't worry."

"Fine." He didn't look happy about it even though it was clear that if I had a car this expensive I wouldn't let anyone sit on it either.

"Fine?" I teased, giving him a smile.

Sam rolled his eyes, a smile coming on his face as he stood next to his grandfather. "Just take the damn picture, Hazel."

Charles patted Sam on the shoulder. "That's the spirit." I laughed at his sarcasm, holding the camera up to my eye. And when we were driving off and away from the place Sam considered a home, I turned to the side where the cemetery was and looked at him as he focused on the road. I wondered if he was ever going to visit his sister there one day. If he would ever be ready to.