Chapter Twenty Three: Pinky.

Chapter Twenty Three: "Pinky."

"YOU REALLY WANT to go to a pub?" I questioned at eight o'clock for the fifth time. We had watched a movie and ate while I tried finishing up assignments.

Caleb walked ahead in front of us, having no idea where he was going. He grabbed a pole and swung himself around it, nearly getting hit by a car. "Yeah. Why not?"

"You sure you don't want to go to a club mate?" Peter asked behind Sam and I. "I'm definitely all for getting drunk but I figured you would want to get-"

"Laid." Sam finished off, fixing the beanie on his head as the light snow fell down around us.

"I know I was thinking that too right? I could probably get with three-"

"I don't want to hear about your possible adventures." I said, cringing.

Caleb grinned, rolling his eyes. "I could get laid any night but this is the first time I could actually drink, legally. Think about that!"

"You might not want to say that close to a cop car." Peter laughed, pulling Caleb along as he led us in the direction of his favorite pub.

"Why is it called a pub?" I could hear Caleb ask Peter.

"I have no idea. All I know is that it means public house."

"Why couldn't you people just call it a bar like Canadians? Wait some of you do right?" Caleb asked.

"Caleb?" Sam asked.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Never." Caleb scoffed, waiting a bit to pull Sam away from me. "Why should we ever shut up Sam? We're eighteen. We're still young. We're at the top of the world."

Sam glanced at his friend before looking over at his cousin. "You didn't give him any beer before we left, did you?"

Peter shook his head. "Nope. That's all him."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Caleb pointed out.

"Here it is." Peter said, opening the door to a small building.

We walked inside and I could smell the alcohol and the sound of people laughing around the place. I kind of figured that Peter went to one of those really crusty looking bars but this-this was way off from what I was talking about.

Caleb sat down at the counter and I took the seat next to him, Peter on my other side. The girl at the counter immediately turned her attention to the three boys I was in between. The girl took her lingering eyes off of Sam once he had put his hands on my shoulders, standing behind me and she focused on Caleb.

"Hi there."

"Hello." Caleb's eyes lit up and I could hear Sam sigh equally with me.

"What can I get you?" She leaned over the counter, her turtleneck crop top rising up even further.

Caleb's eyes flickered down. "You're not going to have ask for ID because according to my health card I have officially turned eighteen today."

"Congratulations birthday boy," The girl grinned at him. "You can anything you want. On the house." 

"Actually..." He used his index finger for her to lean in closer and whispered something in her ear.

"One sec." She winked, walking away.

"What did you say?" Peter asked amused.

Caleb looked over at Sam behind me. "Just wait. Macy, hand me your camera would you?"