Chapter Forty Five: On Behalf Of The Entire Family

Dedicated to @Laurrain for the cover at the top :) Thanks Lauren🖤

Chapter Forty Five: "On Behalf Of The Entire Family"

"THIS CAMPUS IS so big. I'm getting annoyed from all the walking." Caleb muttered, looking at the track where I could spot Derek and Anmol running along with a couple of others.

"You're very lazy." I told him, with a textbook in my hand.

"I thought we knew this. You've known me for over a year. You should know-"

"Caleb," Sam interrupted him with a tight smile, taking out his earphones from his ears. "Do me a favor and shut up, would you?"

He had a textbook in his hand also and the look on his face screamed stressed. In high school I used to try to highest grades I could manage. In university all that really mattered to me at the moment was that even though I tried my best, I really just wanted to pass the classes. Sam? He wouldn't take that. He's always been brilliant especially at math and in high school he rarely studied, he would wing a test and get a good mark. In university it was like a wake up call for him since the beginning.

Caleb let out a sigh. "The love I feel from that sentence is endless. You really are a man of many words Samuel."

"Let my next words turn into an action. I want to pun-"

"Love me?" Caleb interrupted, giving his friend a hug that had eyes turning to the scene. "That's nice. But if you want to fall in love with me you might have to ask Macy."

I rolled my eyes at him when he let Sam go. "I'm not involved in this."

"You don't want polygamy? You don't want a relationship with the three of us? I'd think that'd be a hell of a dream for you."

"I'm pretty sure the correct term is polyamorous," Sam corrected. 

"Well, I'm going to say polygamy because the other poly whatever is a mouthful," Caleb claimed.  "We'll just agree that Macy and I will be married to you and live in harmony. There." 

I bit back a laugh, walking towards Maddy who was sitting by the side with a book in front of her and twisting a volleyball in her hand. "Caleb, your dreams are weird."

"I'M OFFERING YOU THE CHANCE TO A POLYGAMY RELATIONSHIP AND YOU'RE SAYING NO?" He yelled and definitely got the attention of everyone on the track.

I rushed over to Maddy without answering his question. She looked up at me with confusion written all over her face. "Um...you, Sam and Caleb? A relationship?"

"Did you hear me or Sam agree to that?" I asked rhetorically.

Anmol and Derek jogged over to us, looking as confused as Maddy. Derek spoke first. "Who's that with Sam?"

"That is-"

Anmol slapped a hand over her mouth. "Shut up. That's Romero Henderson."

Caleb walked over to her with a smile. A smile I knew very well."Hi and you are?"

I slapped his hand away from hers, pulling him down to take a seat next to me and Maddy. "She's taken. Anmol, this is Caleb who I'm surprised you haven't met and yes he is also Romero Henderson. Also, Caleb this is-"

"Derek, right?" Caleb looked up at Derek with a bright smile as well. "Yeah, I met you last time I came here. Good to see you again, mate."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Don't say mate. You sound fake."

"Shut up." Caleb reached around, grabbing Maddy's waterbottle and throwing it at Sam. Sam dodged the attack and we watched as the waterbottle hit the ground and break. The lid rolled away and water splattered everywhere.