Chapter Forty-One: Nice Gift.

Thank you to @ishanichoo for her five-minute drawing of Macy at the top

I hate being sick. This is a weird question but does anyone know any awesome Norweigian songs?

Chapter Forty-One: "Nice Gift."

I LEANED BACK into the chair, letting out a breath. Maddy glanced at me. "Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm great." I lied straight through my teeth. My feet were killing me due to the heels my friends shoved me into. The dress I was wearing made me more uncomfortable than I would have been in any other dress.

"Okay, even I didn't believe that." Anmol said on my other side.

We've been in this large banquet hall for almost an hour at the most and I was determined to find my way out the second I had entered. Although I did try to have a good time, nothing really worked because from my view I could see Tanya staring right at me.

The little she-devil needs to stop looking at me like that before I take one of my heels and-

"You know what?" I interrupted my own thoughts, sitting up. "This is to honor all the women athletic teams in the university and I am glad to be a part of one of those teams. But seriously, the only reason why I am here right now is for the food."

I ended off my sentence by biting into the heavenly pasta on my plate. Maddy offered me the wine in her hand and I shook my head. "I'm good."

"Seriously? It's non-alcoholic."

"I'm okay with water."

"You know for nineteen, you're still a party pooper." She joked.

Nineteen. Another year older today.

If we hadn't been here I had a feeling Maddy would have thrown a party. Where would she have thrown it? Probably at Sam and Peter's flat. Would Peter have allowed it? Definitely. Would Sam? Maybe. Would I seriously want one? No. Not really.

But today was great overall. Maddy, Anmol, Matteo and a couple of our other friends from here were certain to make this day great for me. Peter even came along when he didn't have to but his excuse was that he didn't have any plans during the day but he was heading out for the entire night. Doing what? I have no idea but I knew he wouldn't be in the flat right now.

Sam had a tournament but I knew he would be back tonight.

Although my day was good I did miss the traditional Andrew waking me up every single morning of my birthday even though last year Jasmine did it. Speaking of Jasmine, she called me to say happy birthday but couldn't talk long but it was okay. Almost everyone I knew woke me up with a bunch of messages this morning and I had a very long talk with my dad and Justin. Everything was okay.

Except for these stupid heels.

My phone lit up from another text from Caleb who had been apologizing to me all day even though he didn't have to. Caleb was in New York and he was held back there because he had an important interview. An interview he was willing to ditch to fly all the way here for my birthday. It took an hour for me to convince the guy that it was okay he wasn't here but he wouldn't budge.

Clearly, considering this was the seventh apology message he sent me in the hour.

Anmol pulled me out of my thoughts as everyone clapped for the mention of the women's A basketball team. "You know, you can leave."

"Yeah, I know but..."

Maddy rolled her eyes. "Just go, would you? Because I don't want to hear you hiss again and I'm certain that your man is home right now."