Chapter Forty Seven: You Click Delete Contact.

Love this cover made by @ifeastonbooks💓💓thank you Sophia!

Chapter Forty Seven: "You Click Delete Contact."

S A M

MY FEET MOVED through the hospital without a second thought. My fists clenched so tightly I could feel my nails digging into my palm. I could hear Caleb running behind me calling my name but I didn't want to answer him.

I wanted to know why this happened. And why couldn't someone like her catch a break. Just a moment of nothing happening. Nothing that could change her life.

The smell of the hospital itself was sickening me and I felt the need to throw up but I shook my head, opening the door to the exit. When I reached the car, I opened the door quickly and sat myself inside, leaning my head back.

I held the key in my hands and let Caleb enter the car as well before I put it into the ignition. It was then Caleb yanked the keys out of my had and stared at me. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm leaving." I spat out, trying to take the keys back but he held them out of my reach. My anger was increasing and if he wasn't going to give me the keys he might as well get out of this car because I was going to find my way back to the flat either way to get away from here.

"No you aren't." He told me.

"Caleb, don't be stupid."

"You're telling me not to be stupid? What are you doing? You're being stupid."

"Once again," I repeated, snatching the keys out of his hands when he had been his arm back in my proximity. "I'm leaving."

"You're going to leave your girlfriend alone? You're going to leave her there wondering what's going to happen next?"

"You don't understand-"

"Just go back in there." Caleb demanded.

But I didn't listen. "She-She's not even reacting to it-"

"Because for fuck's sake's Sam, she barely had anytime to process what the hell just happened. The girl's chance at a career she loves could be over and she hasn't been able to absorb that yet. Can't you just be there for her?"

"I'm always there for her," I corrected. "Don't fucking say that."

"Really? Because you're here in the car right now and she's there wondering what is going to happen in her life next. You know Macy. You know that this is going to change her life. It may not even change just hers but yours as well."

"You think I don't know that. I-I just don't want to hear that she'll never play football again. She loves it as much as I do."

"Then we better hope that the surgeries she's about to go through are successful and not otherwise. Macy's strong Sam. You know that. But I feel like she's going to need all the support she can get for the next months whether she plays soccer or not."

I was silent for a few moments before I spoke, "You know that ACL and MCL injuries combined can make her future in football unpredictable."

Caleb let out a groan before looking at me seriously. He laced his hands and cleared his throat. "Look here, Sam. I'm telling you this because sometimes you have a pretty thick skull and a metaphorically big head that words can't get through most of the time."

"What?" I questioned slightly offended by his words.

"Shut up and let me talk. I know you're uncomfortable in hospitals."