Chapter Forty Six: Injury.

Dedicated to my lovely Naana for the cover above and below❤ naanaofficial-

This chapter is so short but bare with me next chapter will make up for it I swear on the poutine and ice cream I ate two days in a row (I'm mentally throwing up at how unhealthy it was)

Chapter Forty Six: "Injury."

"AND YOU CAN'T move it at all?" If i ever thought Caleb would stop asking the dumbest questions every once in a while I should've told myself that day would never come. Just by the way my knee was looking should give him the hint that it hurt. And if it hurt why the heck would I move it?

But I held myself from snapping at him. He was only asking me questions to keep me occupied and distracted. He had a sympathetic look on his face and he struggled not to look at the injury itself. All I could say was that usually things look worse then they feel but in this case it was the exact opposite.  

"No Caleb, I can't move it unless you want me to scream in pain."

"I don't want that." He said quickly. 

I winced again, shifting my phone to rest between my ear and shoulder. "You and me both."

"I don't want to think about what it could be." Andrew said into the phone. He had called me instantly after Caleb texted him and I could tell that this was stressing him out from the other side of the world. I almost laughed. I couldn't have asked anyone for a better best friend than him. 

"Neither do I." I said. Three letters were going through my brain but I just wanted the doctor to confirm it. I really wanted someone to confirm my thoughts.

A beep sounded from my phone and I glanced at it to see my dad's contact name popped up. 

"Andrew, I'll call you back, okay? My dad is calling."

"Okay. Tell me everything after, alright?"

"I will." I switched the call.

"Mace." My dad's voice got to me. I sucked in a deep breath, remembering that he wasn't here with me. After every injury I've faced since I was a kid he was always there and it was weird because I was certain that this was bigger than anything we've ever faced.  

"Yeah?"

There was some background noise and I got the impression that he was moving around to find a quiet spot. "What's happening?"

"The doctor is going to tell us what happened."

"What did he say before?"

"He told coach that there is a chance I may have to go into surgery today-"

"Today?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah. I don't know why but he says that there is a high risk that if what he thinks happened actually happened then I would have to be placed into surgery as soon as possible."