Chapter Thirty-Eight: Headless Barbie Dolls.

Dedicated to @iammarianas for the amazing cover at the top💖

4M? Lit.

Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Headless Barbie Dolls."

WITH MY EYES STILL closed and a small weight on my back that was obviously Soccer who made my back his pillow, I reached out to the side of the bed where Sam was supposed to be on. I met with the other side of the duvet. I opened one eye, looking at the obvious indent on the bed that proved that he actually fell asleep beside me last night.

How Soccer ended up on me was a mystery.

I moved slowly, hearing him shift on my back and eventually leap off and settle back on the bed where Sam had been. I rolled over on my back, looking around Sam's old room. Although, most of his things were back home it was clear that by the stuff still in this room that it made it seem like he never possibly left.

Although, the interior of it didn't represent him. The walls and the floor didn't scream like a color he would want. It made me think that as a kid he was put in one room and went along with it for that time in his life. Then when he moved, he made that room his own.

The soccer jersey's that hung in a row along the wall definitely seemed like him. Along with the guitar perched in the corner of the room and the pictures and posters of soccer players on his wall. That was it.

I got out of the bed and went into his bathroom. About a half an hour later and my hair tied up into a ponytail, I made my way through the huge place, trying to remember where the kitchen was. I let my hand touch the wall as I continued to follow through the hallways, past many closed doors.

I walked down the spiral staircase, my hands shoved into the pockets of my sweater. When reaching the bottom, I let my feet slide against the ground and I let out a little laugh at my antic. Just when reaching the kitchen, I pushed the door opened by sliding in and was greeted by the sight of a shirtless Sam.

He held the spatula in one hand as he turned to give me a once over. "Good morning to you."

I slid over to him, almost like I was skating. "Morning."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." I told him, leaning my head on his back and wrapping my arms around him from behind. "You?"

"Pretty good," He said, grabbing one of my hands and he chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"Nothing."

"Why do you always cook shirtless?"

"Why not?" He responded, glancing at me. "After breakfast I want to show you something."

"Like what?" I let go of him and he turned around. My attention was distracted for a mere second before I lifted my eyes back to his face.

"Don't question it," He waved the spatula towards me. "Just follow me after you finish eating and I'll show you."

"Where is it?" My curious mind just had to ask.

"It's in the forest." Forest. The Cahills owned a forest. Holy. 

"You're going to take me to the forest?"

"Yes," Sam's eyes narrowed. "And before your imagination takes you somewhere far from reality, I am not going to kill you."

"I wasn't thinking that." How far did he think my imagination was?

"I am not going to throw you over my shoulder and throw you into the indoor pool either."