Chapter Forty Nine: Slide Into Her Dms On Instagram.

Dedicated to a long time commenter and reader who's comments I literally look out for every time I update and also who made the cover above, @e_k_p_g! Thanks Katherin💖

point out typos please. I'm super tired and wanted to get this out for you guys and didn't have time to fully look it over.

Chapter Forty Nine: "Slide Into Her Dms On Instagram."

"A FRUIT."

"Um, apples."

"Peaches."

"Pears."

"Plums."

"Tomatoes."

"What?" Simon stared at me weirdly from behind his glasses. "I swear a tomato isn't a fruit. It's a vegetable."

"No. It's a fruit." I corrected him, smiling at a memory of this conversation I had once had in the past.

"You're lying." He insisted, pulling out his phone that was almost the size of his huge hand.

"Search it up yourself." I told him, looking at how his used to be straight brown hair had managed to grow out and curl into thick locks. My eyes glanced down to the light bulb tattoo on him arm with a baseball bat in the middle of it. I liked the design of it and I was certain there was a small elephant tattoo on his ankle. He had told me he was getting a matching one with his mom months before.

Simon had arrived back home earlier than any of us. I couldn't even use the term us. Simon wasn't close to my close group of friends I had here at home. We- Simon and me- were close since Simon had claimed me as his nacho and bowling partner back in high school. And that says a lot since he had said he was really good at bowling but it took like ten times of going for him to prove up to those words.

We were sitting on the steps of my front porch and I was currently using one of my crutches to trace the ugliest heart possibly on the ground. When Simon's eyes had gone wide with finding out what I had told him, a car pulled up in front of the house and two people I was expecting came out of it.

"Macy." Jon Ming gave me a wide grin as he made his way over, taking off his sunglasses to bend down and give me a hug.

"Hey." I smiled, looking at him. That tattoo that was on the back of his hand had formed into a a sleeve tattoo and I could see the different flags that composed of it all. My lips parted in shock at the intricate designs. "Are those flags of countries that-"

"I know their first language in? Yeah. Caleb gave me the idea and I want to visit all these places before I die."

"Cool." I told him as he shook Simon's hand as a greeting. Caleb and Stevie exited the car, talking to one another when Stevie's eyes glanced at my knee with a frown before looking up at my face. She greeted me with a wide smile of not seeing each other in months and I returned it because I really did miss her.

"Hey Mace." She gave me a hug and it was then I noticed her hair was different. She looked blonder. Like a platinum blonde.

"Okay, whoa your hair." I dramatically pointed out.

"That's what I said." Caleb said, twisting the car keys in his hands.

"No," Stevie started correcting. They would always be like this. "What you said was you look different and then you asked if I got a nose job."

"Caleb." I hit him on the arm and he laughed.

"I was kidding."

"With your level of stupidity I wasn't sure." Stevie commented and I held in a laugh at that insult.