Chapter Fifty One: What's A Peter? I Don't Know What That Is.

Dedicated to a username I've seen very often @greymeraki thank you for the cover above💞

I had to split this in half so go to next chapter after this one.

Chapter Fifty One: "What's A Peter? I Don't Know What That Is."

"JUST LOOK AT it." Justin said.

I leaned forward, squinting my eyes to see his mark that the teacher had written at the top of his paper. I pulled back, rubbing my eyes like that would fix my vision. "Okay, Ms. Bushwhack still has the worst handwriting of all time. What does that even say?"

"Emma, Emma," Justin pulled her up from where she was sitting on the ground, reading one of the books from my room. She had come straight here after her school year had ended but Justin's was still going on as we rolled into the beginning of the month of June. She was so into the story that her glasses almost fell off her face without her knowing. Emma looked different, personality wise. She seemed more open, she didn't wear bands on her wrists anymore and she wasn't as quiet as the first time I met her.

"Look." He urged her to look at the paper in my hands, a smile on his face. 

Emma took the paper from my hand and her eyebrows rose in surprise. "Wow, J."

"I know," He took the mini basketball that was on the ground and tossed it into the small net hooked onto his door. "I have the highest mark. I don't get it."

Highest mark? How dumb was his class? 

I took the paper from Emma's hands and stared at the number. "What does that say?"

"It says 96," Emma told me. "Justin's entering his exam with a 96."

"Congrats bro but honest to God that looks like a very ugly 38." I took the paper from Emma's hand, giving the number a closer look. 

Justin leaned against his desk. "I'm pretty sure I'm only getting that mark because I can understand her writing and half the class doesn't."

"Does Christian?"

Justin rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Chris copies my homework. He's barely passing."

"Why don't you help him?" Emma asked Justin.

"Because he's Chris. You've met him. You've talked to him. The guy hates asking for help."

I chuckled. "Yeah, Cahill pride."

"That's a thing?" Justin asked me and Emma with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Yes." We said at the same time.

"Wow," Justin moved over to the door of his room, reaching his hand up to touch the top of the threshold before looking back. "I'm going to get a drink, Em you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good."

Justin shot her a small smile, nodding and I cleared my throat. "You wanna get me something?"

He gave me a look like i just asked the dumbest question in the world. "No." 

"Justin," I sighed. "Get me water."

"Say please." He said, crossing his arms. 

"Justin," I plastered a fake smile on my face. "Get me water before I wack you in the face."

"You can't do shit with your leg like that."

"Guess what you little bugger," I was already hobbling towards him. "My fists still work."