Chapter Twenty Four: Day By Day.

I do recall saying that I was going to ALONG with this story so if I don't update frequently on this story even though I have ideas of the ending and where it is all going then DON'T BE SURPRISED IF I DON'T UPDATE IN TWO WEEKS.

That will be all.

Kind of just a short filler.

Chapter Twenty Four: "Day By Day."

"SOMEONE HAD A FUN night." Anmol said, one earphone in her ear as we entered the change room.

Even after the shower after practice, I was more tired because of the morning practice before my class started. "I fell asleep at 3AM. Waking up was anything but fun especially with Caleb and Peter."

The second Peter and Caleb woke up it was like a toddlers on a tantrum because they couldn't stop complaining. Even when you made the slightest movement, they would complain about how loud your footsteps were.

Then there was Sam, who was calmer. He woke up and the first thing he said was, "Hangovers are the reasons why I don't miss drinking."

Shaking my head from the memory of this morning, I zipped my sweater over my shirt. "Peter was throwing up in a boot he was holding all night and Caleb was so cranky and throwing up in the toilet. I've never been so annoyed in my life, I have never been so happy to leave that place."

"It was that bad?"

"It was so bad that I couldn't even stay there for five more seconds, Sam took me back to my dorm room so I could take a shower there without hearing the constant yelling."

"Damn."

I rubbed my eyes as we made our way our way out of the indoor field, quickly putting my jacket over my sweater. "How's Derek?"

Anmol smiled at the sound of his name. "He's good. A team has been watching him for a while and he thinks he might get a chance to be on it."

"Really?" It was always uncertain when a scout would pick a new recruit for their team from any part of the world. I knew Sam's time might come soon.

"Yeah." Anmol nodded. "He's been waiting for this for a really long time. Don't you have class in like five minutes?"

I quickly took my phone out, glancing at the time. "Oh fudge."

"Fudge?" Anmol asked, confused on why I used that word as if I just swore.

"Don't ask," I told her, already running. "I'll see you later."

By the time, the class had already started I sighed knowing we weren't in the lab today. I entered the room, looking at my usual seat that was already taken. I heard someone whisper my name and I looked over at Matteo who was moving his bag from the chair next to him.

I smiled, putting my jacket behind the chair and taking out my laptop. "Thanks."

"Not a problem." He said with a crooked smile, his pen captured between his teeth as he listened to whatever the professor was saying. "Did you have football practice?" Matteo asked me, putting his textbook in his bag as we walked out of the building an hour later.

"Yeah," I pushed my hair out of my face, putting my jacket on and the hood of my sweater over my head. "Can I ask a question?"

"Sure." He said as we turned a corner and I put my hood up, feeling the cold wind hit me in the face. That brief snowfall was gone and all the snow that had been on the ground was gone, not like there a lot anyway. I knew back at home, the snow would be piling up and I could already imagine my dad complaining about shoveling the driveway.