Explainations

"What took you so long you imbecile?!" Cross yells.

"Four times the usual is what kept me." I say blandly.

"I guess I can let you off the hook this time brat." Cross says taking the satchel. I turn to see kanda waiting at the base of the stairs.

"Can we head to bed now?" I ask him with a smile on my face. He just nods and returns to the bed room. I follow but stop and look at cross and he gave a small nod as to say that he won't be back tonight. I sigh. Great.

as we enter the bedroom I look at kanda who looks suspicious. I give him a small smile as to say I don't wanna talk about it. He glares at me as I close the door behind me. I slowly move towards the bed and sit next to him.

"Whats that narien kid to you?" Kanda asks me emotionless but I could hear the anxiety and stress.

" A dear friend. Or brother." I tell him shrugging my shoulders.

"Where'd you go? And why did you come home so late?" Kandas state became more curious.

" work." I say flatly.

" What do you do for work?" Kanda interrogates.

"Not quite legal things."

"Drug dealer?"

"not today."

"slave trader?"

" No."

"prostitute?"

"the hell I would never sell my body I'm not that desperate!" I huff in annoyance. Seriously the nerve.

"well then what the fuck do you do beansprout?" Kanda snaps.

"I'm not a bloody beansprout you ass monkey! And for your information I go to bars and play poker and win by cheating." I say in a matter-of-factly tone. He looks at me shocked. I then push past him and enter the small bedroom. There is two twin sized beds with a small desk in between each bed. The old wooden doors to the closet stay closed.

"Che." Kanda puffs. But I ca tell he has more questions. I sit on the bed readying myself for the relentless questions. He slowly makes his way over to the bed his onyx ears pinned back in nervousness with his long tail in between his legs. I sigh as I pat the spot beside me. He hesitantly sits down trying to avoid eye contact before asking.

" I...I thought ... I thought narien died." He asks slowly. My eyes darken at the memory of narien death well neko nariens death. I take a deep breath before speaking.

"yes he did. I thought the same thing when I saw him and he introduced himself, I had a serious flash back at that time but when it was done he explained it must be coincidence. We then became friends fast and he became kinda like my personal therapist." I say calmly while looking at the floor in thought.

"ummm ok... And...why have you started calling cross master? didnt I tell you to stop calling people that?" Kanda asked trying to stay calm. I smile at him softly.

" Well I don't call him that in that sense it's diffrent like master and apprentice." I explain then shrug. His mouth makes an 'oh' shape and we sit in silence for a few minutes. I hear a sigh and a grumble.

"too much shit going on." Kanda exasperated.

"Yeah, way too much especially with you in a coma." I say quietly.

"about that, why was I asleep for so long like seriously 9 fucking years?!damn!" Kanda is now standing with his hands in the air. I chuckle at the sight.

"probably due to rhode trapping us in the dream world and since it was kind of breaking apart at the seams soooooo that's the only theory I came up with..." I da thinking of plausible reasons.

Kanda just nods before sitting in a nearby chair trying t take in all that's sit there until there is a knock at my door. We both look at the door before I ask who is it.

"yes?" I say suspisiously.

"Baka apprentice we are out of wine! Go fucking get some!" My master yells on the other side of the wooden door. I sigh.

"Can't this wait until tomorrow morning?" I try to keep my voice stable. I hear my master growl in annoyance as if I asked if the sky was blue or something.

"no. Now Go Get Me Some!" Master stomps away before I look at kanda.

"I'll be right back yu,ok. So get some sleep." I smile and get up to leave before a hand grabs my wrist. I look at kanda confused, I couldn't see the expression on his face due to his hair covering his bangs.

"Yu?" I ask cautiously.

"let me come with you...please..." I bearly hear him. I sigh. Wow I am sighing a lot today...

"if it makes you feel better Yu." I smile my kindest smile. I grab his hand and pull him up and we head out of the house into the cold night air.