Five

Blue Fences

    School starts in two hours and Dean hasn't had a blink of sleep. He looked at his alarm clock and got up to take a shower. The warm water always soothed him when he needs to relax a little. After his shower he quickly got dressed and moved on to his hair. Dean blowdried it and started to gel up. Making sure it slants a little to the right, he makes a quick pose and heads down downstairs to make him and Sam some breakfast with an hour to spare.

    "Come and get it, Sammy!" Dean shouts throughout the house. Sam runs down the stairs and takes a seat at the table.

    "Eat up, buddy, we're walking to school today." Sam groaned and Dean mimicked him.

    They finished their oatmeals and then left the house. Dean double checked the lock and then off they went. After about ten minutes, they reached Sam's middle school.

    "Have fun buddy, bring home one girl at a time, 'kay Sammy?" Dean winked and nudged Sam.

    "Shut up, Dean." Sam punched his brother's arm and then hugged his brother. Dean hugged him back and watched his brother as he passes doors and enters the school.

    Dean continues his walk to his school. He plugs in his earphones but just as he put them on, he sees Jimmy in a dark navy blue sweater and faded blue jeans. Dean quickens his pace to catch up to the shorter boy.

    "Jimmy, right?" Dean finally approached to Jimmy and is now walking next to him. Jimmy gave him a sweet smile and nodded. Dean couldn't help but smile back.

    "And you're Dean, am i correct?" Dean melted at the sound of his voice. It was raspy and every word coming from his mouth sounded perfect. Dean was lost when Jimmy turned his head to face Dean, he stared at his beautiful blue eyes. Dean just nodded, almost forgetting about Jimmy's question.

    "Okay well, uh, I just, um, wanna know.. uh have we, you know, met before?" Dean struggled to get out. He was staring at the ground the whole time, the dirty gray sidewalk. Jimmy shook his head. "I don't think we have." Dean frowned but he hummed in response.

    "So what classes do you have today?" Dean tried to stay away from awkward silence as much as he can.

    "Science, then Gym, and then History." Jim replied. "I had science and gym yesterday, and I have history for sixth period too." Dean grinned knowing that he has another class with Jimmy.

    Dean looked up to see how far they are from school. As far as he can see, it's not that far.

    "Since when did the school paint the fence blue?" Dean asked without thinking. Jimmy had a shocked expression on his face but he tried to hide it. "Um, I think they just painted it yesterday." Jimmy lied, which Dean believed. "I have to go, see you later Dean." Then Jimmy just left, Dean was confused, did he really see blue or was this all in his head?

    "What's up bitch?" Charlie greeted from behind him. "Hey Charlie." Dean smiled and hugged her. He turned around and headed towards the doors. Dean then noticed that the fences were no longer blue.