Thirty Three

Lost Inside a Memory of Someone's Life, It Wasn't Mine

QOTD: Favorite artist/music group?

Dean saw nothing but white. Suddenly, black wings appeared and extended outwards. Two bright blue circles that resembles a pair of eyes started to show. The scenery changes and Dean finds himself at the park next to Sam's middle school. He looks around and spotted a man in a suit with a beige trench coat. He had the bluest eyes Dean has ever seen and black wings extended behind him. He had a welcoming smile on his face as he stood from a distance. Dean smiled back and began walking towards the familiar, yet unknown, face. They sat on a bench and began to talk, but no words can be heard. They knew exactly what they were saying and knew exactly how to respond. It was as if they were in a muted movie that has been replayed many times. Dean gets a warm feeling and he feels like he belongs there. Suddenly, everything began to fade and Dean wakes up to reality. He wonders why he's been having dreams about that same person for the past six years.

Dean got up and headed towards the bathroom. He had a date with his three-year long girlfriend. They were invited by his coworker to a fancy party near the beaches. Dean fixed his black suit and put a little more gel in his hair before taking his keys and cell phone then locking the front door of his small, one-bedroom apartment. He unlocked the black Chevy Impala that his father gave to him on his 20th birthday, then got inside and started the engine. Dean arrived at the brown house and pulled up in front of the house. He saw his date walk out in a tight, midnight-blue dress and black heels.

"Hey Dean!" She opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. Dean leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.

"Hey Lisa. You don't look to comfortable in those shoes." Dean pointed out and laughed.

"I'm not." She laughed then removed her shoes and pushed them next to her feet. Dean stared at the road, his hands sweaty and shaky. He put his left hand in his pocket and felt the cube-like object. They eventually arrived at the party and they had a great time. Dean joked and laughed with his coworkers while Lisa was with the wives and girlfriends. They stayed for about three hours before they said their goodbyes and walked outside a coffee shop.

"Remember when we met here?" Lisa smiled at the memory. She remembered her friends were sitting in a booth and they dared her to ask for Dean's number. She did and they ended up texting and calling each other on a daily basis. Dean looked at the table he was sitting at when she asked for his number. He was alone and drinking his black coffee until Lisa began talking to him.

"Yeah, I remember." Dean reached into his pocket and took out the small box. Lisa continued reliving the memory, paying no attention to Dean's small actions. He played around with the box in his hand. Something didn't feel right, it felt like this wasn't meant to be. Dean ignored the feeling and put his hand behind his back and he grabbed Lisa's hand with his free hand.

"Lisa, we've been through so much and we had an amazing time together." Dean paused and thought about what to say next. "I, uh, I want to keep making memories like that and I wouldn't think of a better person that I would spend it with." He got down on one knee and Lisa covered her mouth. Tears already began to form on her eyes. "Lisa, will you marry me?" She was too excited to say anything so she just nodded and hugged Dean. As he hugged back, he could've sworn he saw a pair of familiar black wings in their reflection on the window of the cafe. The only difference about the wings that he was used to was that many feathers were missing and others were torn and falling off.

Castiel saw Dean dressing up really fancy and making sure there isn't a single flaw. He wanted to be there for Dean on this special day. He had been planning his escape since the day Dean bought the ring. Today is the day he is going to escape and see Dean.

"Castiel, Naomi would like to speak with you." A bald, tough-looking angel approached Castiel, who stood up slowly from where he was at to the opening of the cell. The guard unlocked it and tried grabbing Castiel's wrists to cuff them. Castiel was quicker than him though. Right before he cuffs him, Castiel turns around and swings his fists to the angel's nose. He stumbled back and covered his nose. He charged towards Castiel, but he kicked his stomach. The guard hit his back on the cell and was about to stand up until Castiel blew another hit to the face and cuffed him to one of the cell bars.

"Naomi isn't worth my time." Castiel took the angel blade from the guard and made a cut on his neck. The angel grace spilled out and rushed into Castiel's mouth. He felt the stolen angel grace pumping through his system. He killed the angel by burning his eyes then speed-walked to the exit until on the corner of his eye, he saw Gabriel. He looked weak and sad which is unusual for the angel since he used to be strong and outgoing. Seeing Gabriel like that broke Castiel's heart. "Don't worry, Gabriel. I'll be back to free you." Castiel walked towards numerous halls until he found the exit of heaven. He stepped in the portal and found himself on a sandbox. He teleported from the sandbox to the beach where the coffee shop stood next to. He saw Dean and Lisa from the beach and decided to get a closer look. He was suddenly behind another small store next to the shop. He watched as Lisa was talking to Dean about how they first met.

"Castiel." Naomi appeared behind Castiel.

"Crap." He muttered before he tries teleporting away. Another angel from behind him grabbed his wrists and cuffed him with the same cuffs they used on him when they first caught him.

"You can't do this, Castiel. We're only doing this for your own good."

Naomi went back to heaven and waited for the angel guard. Castiel quickly turned to Dean and saw that he had seen his torn-up wings before they disappeared almost immediately when he was brought back to heaven. Back in heaven, Castiel was in his cell when Naomi took out an angel blade and put the tip under Castiel's chin.

"The next time you try to escape, I will jab this blade through your thick skull." She harshly retracted her arm and then extended it towards Gabriel's cell. "Same goes for you. If you try to pull a stunt like that, you'll be as good as gone." Naomi put the angel blade away and walked out of the cell. The guard locked the cell and walked out the room with his boss.

"I'm sorry, Gabriel." Castiel said before sliding down the wall and burying his face in his knees.