Twenty Nine

It's Starting to Look a lot like Christmas

slow updates .-. sryyy, school gets in the way and i try to write whenever i can but theres never enough time .... anyways im gonna start doing "question of the day" now soooooo

QOTD: hows your day???

THANKS FOR THE 500 READS!!! YOU ARE ALL AWESOME AND AMAZING PEOPLE!! enjoy the chapter!!! (:

It's December 23 and Dean wakes up next to Castiel. It was nearly Christmas, Dean's favorite holiday, but that stopped being his favorite holiday years ago. This time, he think it's going to be different. He looked out the window and sees the curtains in their house open. Dean looked closer and saw two familiar faces.

"Sammy! Wake up!" Dean shook his brother and whispered loudly.

"What do you want this time, Dean?" Sam rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Look at the house!" Dean pointed at the window and Sam got up. He slowly makes his way to the glass and looked at their house.

"What about the house? There's nothing to see." Sam said tiredly and attempted to walk back to the bed.

Dean grabbed his brother's shoulder and twisted him around. "No, look at the kitchen window."

Sam did what Dean told him to do. He studied the window really hard until he saw two figures that he was very familiar with. "They're home?" Sam's eyes widened as Dean nodded his head. He jumped up and they both raced down the stairs and out the door.

"Mom! Dad!" Sam and Dean saw their parents in the kitchen of their house and attacked them with hugs. They missed them so much. They haven't seen their parents relaxed at home in months. They are usually at work or passed out on the couch.

"Sam! Dean!" The couple hugged their kids. They both missed the boys as much as they missed them.

Whenever their parents came home, Mary would always make the most appetizing dishes if she had enough time. This time, she made chocolate chip pancakes with a piece of hershey's chocolate on top coated with chocolate syrup. Of course, they couldn't have so much chocolate so Mary made a strawberry smoothie for everyone. They enjoyed their meal then John and Mary got up along with Sam to go outside.

"Not coming again this year, too?" Sam asked his brother, who sat still in his chair.

Dean shook his head. "Sorry, Sammy. You know how I feel about Christmas."

San frowned then walked up to Dean. "This year is different, though." Then he whispered the next part. "You can see the colored lights this time."

Dean looked at the floor. "I don't know. I just don't want to walk outside and then see the colors fade to something dull."

Sam sighed and left the kitchen. Dean headed upstairs and plopped down on his bed. He sighed as he thought about Christmas. Of course he can see colors now, but it has been flickering between colors and no colors every so often that he's worried that in the middle of watching the christmas lights, the colors will drain out of nowhere and it'll ruin Christmas for him.

Dean heard his phone vibrate and checked who texted him.

From unknown number:  Hey Dean, it's Castiel. Sam gave Gabriel your number and he gave it to me. Anyways, I just want to check in on you. I woke up and you and Sam weren't here so I decided to text you. Message me when you get this. Bye. :)

Dean smiled at his phone and added Castiel to his contact list.

To Cas <3: Sorry I left without telling you. My parents came home and I got excited. Anyways, Sam and my folks are decorating and I locked myself in my room, wanna come over?

From Cas <3: Sure, I'll be there. :)

Dean turned off his phone then looked out the window and saw Castiel come out. Within minutes, Dean heard a knock on his bedroom door. He opened it and a smiling Castiel came into view. Dean allowed him in and they sat on the bed.

"Why aren't you helping them downstairs? Everyone looks like they're going to be busy for a while." Castiel looked out the window and sees Sam helping his dad hang up lights.

"I'm not crazy about Christmas." Dean lied.

"You suck at lying." Castiel gave Dean a look and he surrendered.

"Fine. I just don't want to look at the lights and decorations if they're going to be dull."

Castiel knew what Dean was talking about. He could never forget. Dean looked outside and saw Sam standing next to a bush and hanging lights over it. John was on a ladder hooking up lights on the edges of the house while Mary was on the bottom holding onto the ladder and laughing at something John had said.

"So, your parents? They seem like a lovely couple." Castiel looked outside and then back at Dean.

"Yeah, they are." Dean smiled and looked at Castiel.

"Are you sure you don't want to help out with the decorations? Sam seems bored without you."

"He can call Gabriel. I'm sure he'll help him."

Castiel frowned. He grabbed Dean's shoulder and looked him in the eye. "Dean, he wants his brother out there."

Dean looked between at the window and Castiel repeatedly, then sighed. "Fine, I'll go." He got up, then helped up Castiel, who smiled when he agreed to go outside. Dean put on another jacket and walked out. Castiel stayed inside and watched as Sam gets excited as Dean walks out. They hung numerous lights and stuck plastic candy canes on the front lawn. After finishing the outside of the house, they proceeded inside and hung up a Christmas tree John brought home. Dean hung the red and silver ornaments on random places on the tree. For once, he was able to see the colors of the ornaments and how they shined with the dark green tree. He was smiling the entire time. Castiel made himself invisible and watched Dean the entire time. Even though Dean didn't want to get his hopes too high, he was still happy and grinning more than he had ever been in a while. It's nearly nighttime and the sky was growing dark fast. Sam was jumping up and down in excitement. He was pulling Dean by the arm and dragged him to the dark and cold outdoors. Dean turned around in the snow and faced his dark house. Suddenly, the lights turned on and he saw red, green, blue, and white flickering around the house. Dean's smile grew wide and his eyes were bright as he saw the lights shine and blink repeatedly. He hadn't felt this happy in a long time. He hoped that he could stay in this moment and relive it over and over again. Castiel stood next to him and watched as the lights get trapped in Dean's eyes. Like Castiel, Gabriel was invisible and stood next to Sam. They both made sure Sam and Dean could see the colors and it wouldn't fade while they were watching. Sam watched in amazement as the christmas lights around the house lit up, but it wasn't the lights that were making him happy. It was the presence of his brother next to him after refusing to come out with him for the past few years.