Twenty One (Piløts)

Awkward Breakfast

Castiel woke up and neither Sam nor Gabriel were with them. He decided to wake Dean up so he shook him lightly.

"Cas." The first response Castiel got from the sleeping boy. He wondered what he was dreaming about. Right when he was about to read Dean's mind, he started hesitating. Castiel thought about it and then he lowered his hand.

"Dean wake up." Castiel continued shaking him.

"Cas. Cas." Dean began to say again. Castiel tried to ignore Dean and kept on trying to wake up.

"Morning sweetheart." Dean said groggily before he opened his eyes. He saw Castiel and he felt himself blush. "Shit, sorry Cas, it's a habit."

"How is that a habit?" Castiel tried hiding the smirk on his face and failing terribly.

"Sam usually wakes me up and I say that to annoy him."

"Speaking of Sam, where is he and Gabriel?"

"They're probably upstairs watching TV. Anyways, you want to help me make breakfast?" Castiel nodded and then they both got up and headed to the kitchen.

"Omelets?" Dean turned on the stove and put a pan over the fire. Castiel got eggs from the fridge along with tomatoes, cheese, and other ingredients.

"Sammy! Gabe! Breakfast!" Dean called down the two boys and they came down almost immediately. They sat at the counter next to each other and Dean and Castiel sat across from them. They ate their food quietly and Castiel and Dean noticed the sneaky glances exchanged between Sam and Gabriel. Dean looked over at Castiel to see if he's watching them too, and the way Castiel was looking at them gave Dean the idea that he knows something that he doesn't. Dean observed the boys more closely. He hadn't seen Sam like this since they were in elementary and a girl named Jessica Moore kissed him on the cheek. He made a huge deal about it for almost a month.

"Um, Dean?" Sam waved his hand in front of Dean's face. Dean snapped out of it and looked at Sam.

"Hm what?" Dean continued to eat his omelet like nothing happened. "Anyways, what do you guys want to do today?"

"Well it is winter so we should go ice skating." Castiel suggested as he finishes his last bite.

"Alright. I'll be upstairs changing into something warm. Coming?" Dean stood up and pats Castiel on the back then heads towards the stairs.

"Why do I have to come?" Castiel was confused and Sam and Gabriel giggled.

Dean stopped half way and turned around. "I was kidding. Go home and change and meet us back here, unless you want me to give you a free strip show and pole dancing in my room." Sam and Gabriel continued laughing and Castiel was still confused and weirded out. "That was a- nevermind just go home and change your clothes." Then he headed up to his room. Sam went to his room shortly afterwards and Castiel and Gabriel went to their house to get changed.