Boyfriend Troubles

"OMG! Lexi!" My mum yelled. Both the boys and I winced slightly at the volume of those 4 syllables as we turned around. I noticed the piece of paper that she held in her hands: the results of my exam. I smirked at her expression of disbelief.

"You actually did win the bet. I've got to say, we didn't think you had it in you." She confessed with a sheepish look on her face.

"Nice to know you had no faith in me, mother!" I replied sarcastically. I saw one of the boys nudge another and mouth the word party. I turned around to face my mum, "Oh! That reminds me, mother. Since I won the bet, it's part-ay time! Don't bother to wait up for me 'cause I might not come home tonight! I'm off upstairs to get ready!"

"Just because you won the bet doesn't mean you can go out whenever you want to, young lady!" My mother half-screamed with a stern expression on her annoyed face.

"Actually mother, it does! Let's not forget that it also means that I can drop out of doing Law and do into Arts Award! Thank God!" With that, I walked out of the living room, slamming the door behind me. God, she is so annoying! I pulled out my phone and dialled, Hope's, my best friend, number. She always knows when a party is happening!

"Hey hey hey!" Hope greeted as she answered the phone.

"Hey sexy, any parties going on tonight? I won the bet which means... Lexi is back!" I screamed as I jumped back onto my queen size water bed.

"Whoop whoop! No parties but I'll let everyone know you're back and we'll go Godfathers and dance our butts off!" Hope replied. The Godfather was like the most popular, exclusive club in the city and everyone who was anyone had been there.

"Great God, I've missed Godfathers so much! It's been such a long 4 months!"

"I know! We've missed you!"

"Same! I'm going to get changed now then I'm going to go see James." I smiled as I said my boyfriend's name. Only an hour until I get to see him!

"Okay, have fun! I'll see you at 7, Lex!" Hope then promptly hung up.

I checked my phone. It was 2:30 now so I had 4 hours left until I had to leave. Great! I can go see James for a bit! I placed my iPhone into my docking station and blasted out one of my favourite songs: Red Stars by The Birthday Massacre. Yes, it's a rock song. People at school tend to refer to me as a... Goth, rebel or a troublemaker. That's 100% me and I don't care if people don't like it. I grabbed my straighteners and makeup box and began dolling myself up. By dolling myself up, I mean dressing myself and trying to look like a complete slag! Yeah, I have to get people's attention back on me. It's been 3 months and my reputation is slowly losing its legitimacy so it looks like it's time for me to prove my reputation!

After what seemed like hours, I finished straightening my hair and applying my makeup so I began rummaging through my walk-in closet. Okay, my family is pretty rich. This means that I get a pretty big room, a queen sized water bed in the middle, a walk-in wardrobe with my en suite bathroom next to it. On the right side of the room, I have a dressing up table and a window with a balcony.

In my walk-in closet, I had quite a lot of different styles from quite a few designer labels. I picked up one of my favourite dresses: it was a mid-thigh length, strapless dress with jewels sewn down the left side of it. I slid it carefully over myself, not wanting any jewels to fall off of it. I slid my black leather jacket over the top of the dress. To be honest, I think I look like a slaggy Goth: dark makeup, bright red lipstick, dark clothing and my long blonde hair messily puffed up. Perfect! I checked my phone and realised that it was 4PM. Time to go.

I left the room and locked it behind me, knowing that my parents would try to go in later to check whether I was back or not. When it was locked, they knew it was best to leave me alone. I walked downstairs and pulled my combat boots on, slowly deliberating a plan. My thoughts were interrupted by the loud rumble of my stomach. Crap! I'm hungry! I need food and I need it fast. I walked into the living room to grab an orange when I heard shouting from the side of me.