Who are you?

Hazel's P.O.V

"Finally, now that we've finished shopping, wanna come back to mine?" I asked the girls, feeling grateful that they'd just spent over $300 on new clothes for just me!

"Hell yeah! I need a drink." Lexi replied enthusiastically as she started her car, pressing on a random button. Immediately, some pop song began playing as we made our way back to mine. I hoped Loki was home so he could a) meet Lexi and b) make us his special Spaghetti Bolognese.  When we reached my modest-sized (okay small) house, we grabbed all of the bags and carried them in. I noted silently that Loki's car was parked up at the front – he was definitely home. I called out to him and he shouted back, letting me know he was in the living room. We ran up the stairs, dumped the bags on the floor of my room before running back down into the living room.

Lexi's P.O.V

"Wanna get a drink?" Hazel asked as she dumped the remaining bags on her bed.

"Last one down is a rotten egg!" Hope called out. We all laughed at how childish she was as we all raced down. I, obviously, came last. We decided to greet Hazel's brother before grabbing a drink. Walking into the petite living room, I could see a man sitting on the couch: he had broad shoulders, spiked up dirty blonde hair and as he turned around, I finally saw what he looked like... Oh my God...

"It's you!" I gasped as the guy stood up, his eyes as wide open as my own. It was the guy from the carnival who turned up at my house!

"Lexi? What are you doing h-here?" He stuttered.

"I-I'm... who are you?" My emotions changed from shocked to serious. I honestly needed to know who this guy was.

"Name's Loki." He turned to Hazel as he asked, "Hazel, what did I tell you about bringing people here? Especially... Lexi..." He frowned and Hazel just shrugged and indicated for me to sit down.

"What do you mean? Right, I've had enough! Explain to me how you know me, who are you and why I keep seeing you everywhere I go!"

"Loki, please tell her." Hazel pleaded her older brother, turning on admittedly good puppy dog eyes.

"no" he looked sternly at his sister, her emotions turned as it went from pleading to a 'tell her right now or else' look.

"Okay Okay! here goes nothing..." He sighed, put down his bagel and sat up straight, "Your dad, before he met your mum, used to mess around with a lot of women. He was like the stereotypical school jock:  every girl wanted to fuck him and every guy wanted to be like him. My mom, at the time, was one of them. He... did stuff with my mom and I was created. Soon after, he met your mother and went running straight into her arms, when he found out that my mom was pregnant. My mom had to raise me by herself for the first year. But she met my dad, I mean my step dad, who raised me and looked after my mom and I. When I turned 3, my mom decided she wanted to have another kid. Hazel was born. 16 years later, when I was 19, my mom explained everything about my real dad to me. I went ballistic. He'd left my mom to fend for herself and raise a kid just because he didn't want one. Naturally, I decided I wanted to find him so I got into my car and came to do just that. I didn't, however, realise that my mom and dad were driving behind me in their own car until I heard the crash. I parked up; I looked back and saw that they had driven into a tree due to swerving out of the way of a drunk driver, causing the tree to collapse onto their car. So I got a job and have been looking after Hazel since. 3 years later, I heard that your dad and mom were missing so I wanted to find you." He explained quickly as he ran his hand through his hair.

My throat had a huge lump, rendering me speechless. I... This can't be real... he can't be my...

"You're Lexi's brother?" Hope gasped, voicing my own thoughts.